Chapter 7

Something brushed her face and she stirred at the sudden touch, her back ached and she frowned as she slowly opened her eyes. Sometime in the night, she must have fallen asleep while leaning on the edge of the bed. As the grogginess from sleep wore off, it took her moment to realise that Lincoln was running his fingers through a rebellious strand of dark brown hair that had broken free from the bun she had it in.

"Why did you come back?" His voice was husky and she winced as she straightened, her whole body felt stiff from the uncomfortable night.

"Why did you stop Smith from coming after me?" She asked instead of answering him.

"I don't hate you enough to come after you." Lincoln mumbled to her, his eyes were tired and pained as he studied her.

"You need to go back to whatever corner of the world you came from." Sabrina said seriously as she looked around for a pitcher of water. Spotting it in the corner, she checked the cup next to it before pouring the water in and returning to Lincoln's side.

"I have a few things to do first." He grumbled as she handed him the cup.

"Do as you wish." She shrugged as he took a careful sip of the water before passing the cup back to her and she set it on the small table.

"Why are you here?" Lincoln asked her with a frown.

"I wanted to see if you were okay." Sabrina admitted as she lent against the side of the bed.

He looked surprised at her answer but didn't say anything as he sunk down into the pillow, looking exhausted from the minimal activity.

"You are still here Miss Greco." Doctor Edwin remarked in surprise as he walked into the room.

"I am." She answered in embarrassment.

"Lucky man you are, Mr Clay, for having a pretty woman fussing over you." Doctor Edwin remarked as he shifted to check on Lincoln's stitches.

"I don't feel very lucky." Lincoln remarked as he shifted in pain.

"From what I hear, you killed her father and she's stopped a few powerful men from killing you." Doctor Edwin remarked at that.

She smirked slightly. "Take care him Doc." She said simply as she walked towards the door.

"You're not going to say goodbye?" Lincoln muttered at that.

"I didn't think you cared?" Sabrina said with a smirk as she paused in the doorway and looked back at him.

His grey eyes were locked on her, "Be safe on your travels." He said simply.

"Thank you. I wish the same upon you." She said with a slight smile before walking out the door, it was pouring rain still and she hurried back to Kate and Lance's house.

"Is everything alright?" Lance was on the front porch.

"Yes." She said simply as she hurried to take her muddy boots off.

"How's Lincoln?" He asked her with a slight frown, "I assume you were with him all night." He added.

"I didn't mean to." Sabrina admitted in embarrassment.

"Do you still want me to keep an eye on him?" Lance asked her.

"If you wouldn't mind." Sabrina said with a sigh.

"I don't mind, Kate and Mia are still sleeping, but help yourself to breakfast." He explained to her as he shrugged his jacket on.