15 | Truth

. *. ~.*. ~.*. Turns out more than one person has been hiding the truth... . *. ~. *. ~.*. ~. *.

~~~

-Zak's POV-

Zelkam's apartment gave me the creeps. Sure all the dorms look the same, but his dorm just didn't feel good at all. It has the same cream and grey walls as Darryl's, but something about it just feels off.

Maybe Darryl's apartment is just comforting to you because it's Darryl's.

I still remembered the code to Zelk's apartment from way back when I used to come over and play video games here. Thankfully, he's not changed it since then, so I let myself in. The room is clogged with the smell of smoke. I know for a fact Zelk smokes a lot, there must be some cigarettes around here somewhere. I choke on the fumes.

The door swings open to reveal Zelkam. Just Zelkam thankfully, I was worried he'd bring Vincent along. My eyes narrow into slits as I watch him throw his bag and coat over a chair.

He knows damn well I'm here, he's just choosing not to acknowledge me yet. His eyes match mine across the room. He has a sarky expression, eyes narrowed slightly and a wide smile on his lips. "Hello Zakky, I was half expecting you to not show up."

"Don't call me that" I snap. "What the fuck do you want?"

I smile faintly realising his face has swollen up where I hit him. He bloody deserves it. He matches my expression, probably thinking exactly the same. "Relax short stuff, I just wanted to talk. Like we did in the good ol' days." He takes a chair at the table, keeping his distance from where I'm sat on the couch. His smile makes me sick. I want to punch him again.

"Don't start that bullshit with me Zelk. Now ask me what you want to before I leave myself." Zelk's smile turns mocking. "Oh I'm sorry for shortening your time with your precious boyfriend."

"He's not my boyfriend."

"You don't half act like he is. I've seen the pictures people posted of you two holding hands, the whole bloody school thinks you're together."

I pale slightly, but not that much. I should be screaming, I should be so bothered that everyone thinks I'm gay and dating the school nerd.

But I don't, and I'm not sure why.

I couldn't care less.

"Whatever" I mutter, trying to change the subject. "Spit it out then."

Zelk stretches his hands out on the table in front of him, interlocking his fingers. He sure knows how to look intimidating. "Well then Zak" he glares at me. "You hanging around with the school nerd is damaging. It's damaging your reputation, and therefore my reputation..."

Of course it's about that. I'm actually disgusted.

"Yeah" I snort. "And your point is?"

Zelk suddenly gets up and storms over to me, grabbing me by the hoodie right below my neck. He pulls on one of the strings, and I hear a ripping sound as some of the threads snap. I push him away desperately, and surprisingly he lets go. "You're ripping it!" I yell at him. Zelk snorts. "Oh yeah. Forgot you wear Darryl's hoodie around, add that to the list of reasons why you seem like you're dating."

"I don't like him like that. Just get away from me."

We probably do look like we're dating. At first I only wore his hoodie because I didn't have another one, but now I wear it all the time, despite having others to wear. For some reason it makes me more comfortable. I feel safer wearing it, like Darryl's beside me the whole time.