27 | Memories

^ +1 respect to anyone who's heard the song before. Same artist who inspired 3am, but the chorus fits.

~~~

. *. ~. *. ~. *. ~. *. ~. *. ~. *. ~. *. ~. *. ~. *. ~. *.
You can't see my scars, they finally went away
You can't see the scars but I still feel the pain.
. *. ~. *. ~. *. ~. *. ~. *. ~. *. ~. *. ~. *. ~. *. ~. *.

~~~

-Darryl's POV-

When I wake up, Zak isn't next to me.

This sends me into a panic for a few seconds, considering that last time I woke up and he was gone, he was having a panic attack in the bathroom. That was awful, and some part of me thinks the same thing might've happened again.

I scramble out of bed, throwing the bedsheets to the floor and running to my bedroom door, throwing it open. First thing I see is Zak, staring at me beyond confused.

"What was that about?" he asks. "I know you're up later than usual, but school doesn't start for another half hour." Zak giggles as his eyes drift to my hair, which is presumably a mess. "Besides, no offence, but you look like you needed the extra sleep."

I stand in the doorway, pouting at the last sentence. "You muffin" I mutter, a smile creeping across my face. "Zak you didn't seriously think we were going to school today right? Police gave us time off until Wednesday to recover from what happened."

The shorter boy pauses midway through throwing his baseball kit in his bag. His eyes light up for a second, then turn sad as he stares at the kit.

"Oh. You're still allowed to attend baseball practice, just because it makes you happy. We still have to do the schoolwork anyway, just on delay." A smile appears on Zak's face. "Yay!" he giggles, punching a fist in the air. "Didn't want to miss practice!"

He stops for a second, eyes widening as he looks away from me, then back almost instantly. "So you're telling me..." he says slowly, in thought as he speaks. "That I get to spend the next two days out of school with my boyfriend, and I don't miss practice?" His eyes watch me eagerly as he waits for a response. I nod my head. He cheers again, jumping up in the air for impact. "Hell yeah!"

"Hey! Careful with those injuries."

My eyes drift around the room, taking in the mess that I've been too tired to clean. The walls are splattered with blood, it looks like a horror film. Good decision of mine to turn off the lights last night, the sight of the room would've sent Zak's panic attack crazy.

Last night...

I smile to myself, remembering sitting by the windows and watching the stars with him.

And when we kissed...

It was like having butterflies in my stomach. It was just me and him, entranced in our own world of each other. I could've happily stayed there forever. Everything was just so perfect.

The way he makes me feel...

I'm snapped out of my daydream by just that, a light kiss on the lips. I jump suddenly, startled that Zak is now right in front of me. One minute I'm staring at the ceiling, him on the other side of the room, next he's right here.

He giggles softly, knowing damn well I was in a daydream and he scared me. Zak's such a troll sometimes, he likes to be annoying.

For once, I pull away first. Zak pouts at me, folding his arms and huffing like a child. He unfolds them, wincing as he tries to pull the hoodie sleeves further over his hands and presumably scratches a scar in the process. My eyes scrunch up in the sudden wave of pain that hits me as I begin to wake up properly, and so do his.