33 | You

. *. ~. *. I should've hugged you tighter and longer the last time I saw you... . *. ~. *.

~~~

Well this is it, the final chapter! (Minus the epilogue.)
Thanks for sticking around until the final chapter.💙
Enjoy! Love ya <3   ~ Owl

~~~

I can't see

I can't speak

I can't think

I need you.

I need you now.

~~~

-Darryl's POV-

Judging by my now slightly larger amount of signal, I've just passed through the middle of the forest and am heading back out. My throat is hoarse from calling my lover's name, each time the swirling wind and rustling of leaves my only response.

The wind sends a cold draught through the forest, reminding me I need to move faster. I'm so cold that I've thrown on the second jacket, and Zak was said to leave with only a hoodie. Rain starts falling, the trees acting as a weak shield against the oncoming downpour. Raindrops slide down my face, mixing with the tears that just won't stop coming. The rain makes a thought cross my mind.

Wait has Zak found any water?

He must've, he'd be dead by now if not...

A shiver runs through me, and I'm unsure whether it's the cold or that word that caused it.

Dead.

My phone buzzes in my pocket, at first making me think it's malfunctioning from the rain. I pull it out, watching as a message flashes across the screen, then disappears again. There's not enough signal, and my phone must be taking in too much water.

Shoving it under both coats in an attempt to keep it dry, I put my phone away and practically sprint to the edge of the forest. It takes me 15 minutes at near max speed, causing anxiety to overcome me as my mind trails through thoughts as I run.

Is it Zak?

You're imagining things...

Maybe the message won't even come through!

You're wasting time Darryl...

At last the forest ends, causing a full bar of signal to flood back. My phone needs full signal to load anything now that the water is clogging it.

The message comes through, and my eyes light up at the contact name:

Cutie muffin 💙
Wrest
10:27 pm

10:27?!

My eyes dart to the top of the screen, reading the current time. 10:54 pm. It's been a while, what if that message is urgent.

I'm confused. The message is one word and one word only: 'Wrest'.

What does that even mean?!

I hang my head in defeat, trudging back into the forest slightly more angled to the left. Clearing the North-East direction makes sense, going in a pattern until I reach North-West.

My pace quickens as I regain my breath from running, but not my energy. My head spins, putting the world out of focus. The rain clouding my glasses isn't helping, adding to the cold and still rapidly darkening sky above.