18 | Learning

. *. ~. *. ~. *The life of the party...*. ~. *. ~. *

~~~

-Zak's POV-

It's common for me to hate Saturday night. Despite our new reasons for going and the promise of Vincent by my side again, it's still a terrifying experience. Still can't believe that I actually enjoyed going to these things once.

I stare at myself in my bedroom mirror. I'm wearing the same clothes as last week, just with my average light blue hoodie I wore on the first day this year instead of the darker blue one I wore previously. That hoodie had to be thrown out after the bloodstains Darryl couldn't get out. Society don't need more evidence to prove Zelk is actually right about me.

The only other option of what to wear was Darryl's hoodie, and that thing is precious. I wouldn't dare risk damaging it, it's too special to me. Vin stitched it up after it was ripped, and I made him come here to do so. He offered to take it back to his and sew it there, but I made him do it when I was around. It's not that I don't trust him, it's that I'm that overprotective about it.

I'm so fucking stupid.

The spare first aid kit from Darryl's dorm is lying on my desk. Closed. I should probably re-bandage before I go out, but whatever. I know damn well that Darryl would storm over here and do it right now if I knew I was disregarding my injuries again, but he doesn't need to know that.

He doesn't need to know any of this, it's my problem, I'll solve it myself. Him helping me with everything else is enough, this isn't about him.

My phone buzzes into my bedsheets and I flip it over to read the messages.

                  ~ 1 unread message ~

Vincent
Yo Zak, coming just b4 8 as the venue was moved to that club just outta town.
7:42 pm

                                                                   You
                                       K. I alredy knew tht.
                                                           7:43 pm

Vincent
K. Have u sorted ur wrists n stuff?
7:46 pm

                                                                   You
                                        Ur as bad as Darryl
                                                           7:46 pm

Vincent
Hey, I may not be ur boyfriend, but I still care about ya alright.
7:47 pm

                                                                   You
                                       Ok mom, see u in 5.
                                                           7:48 pm

Vincent
Lol I care ok be grateful
7:49 pm

I smile faintly at the words 'I care'. There aren't many people that do care about me anymore, so it's nice to be told someone cares. I pout at the first aid kit in the corner and huff like a child. Now I have to, Vincent will check my bandages are new.

I stare at the box for a few minutes, internally arguing with myself if I should or shouldn't re-bandage. It's like a child arguing with their parent about if they can just not eat their vegetables.