Epilogue

^this song (the seconds verse particularly) inspired Replay. (you'll see why- the second verse gave me Zak's character idea)
So yeah, thought I'd put the song that gave me the idea to write the whole book here.

~~~

. *. ~ 'If it is real, it will never be over...' . *. ~

~~~

Well this is officially the end of Replay.
Also here's your stargazing I promised you like 12 chapters ago.
Enjoy. Love ya <3    ~ Owl

~~~

-Zak's POV-

"Darryl where are we going?"

I readjust the bandana tied over my eyes as we turn another corner. Sitting in a car blindfolded is a terrible experience, but Darryl insisted I wasn't allowed to see where were going.

"I told you, for the fourteenth time you muffin, that you'll have to wait and see."

I turn in the direction of his voice, sticking out my bottom lip in an overly-exaggerated pout. He giggles softly at my childish mannerisms, causing me to fold my arms up to my chest in annoyance. "You're such a child sometimes" he laughs, poking my cheek. I roll my eyes, despite him being unable to see them. 

It takes roughly another ten minutes until the car slows to a stop. "We're here!" Darryl announces. The car door on his side clicks as I presume he opens it, and I reach to take off the bandana. "Not yet muffin!" A warm hand wraps over mine, catching me off guard. I flinch, both at the sudden touch and his warmth.

"Are you cold again muffin?" he asks with a worried tone. He's been very overprotective of me recently, seeing as I did only get discharged from the hospital this morning. It's Wednesday night, thankfully in the school break.

Darryl carefully pulls my arms through yet another coat, making sure not to move the bandages over my wrists. A couple of my scars were scraped open during the few days in the forest, which had to be disinfected.

Guilt wracks my stomach as I remember watching a nurse take care of Darryl through one of my partially-conscious hazes. His scars also scraped open, as well as having a couple new ones in places. It's been barely a week and a half since the night Zelk came, meaning not all of the scars were properly healed.

"That better?"

I open my eyes, notice Darryl has taken off the bandana covering them. He's watching me with a look of concern, I must've zoned out.

"Sorry" I mutter awkwardly, pulling my sleeves over my hands and bringing them up to cover my face. A force of habit of mine, which Darryl seems to think is adorable, no matter how many times I try to convince him otherwise.

He grabs my arms, pulling them away from my face before I even get a chance to cover it. He's caught on to all of these little things so quickly.

"I know you do that when you're embarrassed muffin, don't be shy." He leans towards me, kissing my forehead before dragging his eyes back to my own.

He offers me a hand, helping me get out of the car. I've been a little fragile recently, seeing as I haven't walked in a few days and I'm still recovering from the hypothermia. My legs wobble below me, and I fall straight into him.

We crash into the floor, which is thankfully grass and not concrete. I land on to of Darryl, the impact of my body on his knocking his glasses as we fell. He runs a hand through the grass, desperately searching for them. They fell not too far away, and are unharmed.