fourteen.

alexandra was tapping her foot rapidly against the floor as she knew she was about to fuck as soon as roger arrives at her house.

" things are going down, rose" said alex through her phone, " he can literally come up at any moment and break up with me for that text! i swear, im so stupid "

she let out a loud sight, when the front door opened. " i gotta go, call you later " she said, before rose let out a not-so-cheerful " good luck "

she closed her phone, after putting it on silent and turned around to see the man who's been haunting her for the past 3 years.

roger was basketball player that was introduced to her by one of her friends, patricia. she advised alex that she needs to let things go, and get on with her life. that's why she introduced her to roger. the typical "bad guy" every girl was losing her mind over.

but she was definitely not losing her mind over roger. she was still losing her mind over timothée dumbass chalamet. over the boy who let her heartbroken in new york that day.

when she first met roger, she could definitely see he had a thing for her. they met a surprise dinner organised by patricia (obviously). he was very mannered and overall he was a nice guy. but he wasn't what alex wanted.

most of the time he seems absent. he has a lot of matches, which alexandra is not really bothering to attend, since she made very clear at their first date that she has no interest in basketball (she still attends some of his matches tho, so she could be at least somehow supportive and still present in his life).

she was an actress, but he didn't seem to watch it appreciate her work. but honestly she was not bothered to care.

over the years, alexandra realized that she didn't actually actually loved him. he was just an excuse to the fact the she was still somehow in love with the douchebag that dumped her 5 years ago.

she had so much hate for him, but she realized that he still means a lot to her. but at the same time she knew they couldn't get back toghever just because the old and hurtful memories would surface again.

and you know what was the most painful of them all? the fact that she had to lie to roger about her actual feelings. the fact that at some point of her life she had to admit that what they were having was only one-sided. and that day has come.

she turned around to see roger standing there, with flowers in his hands. he was dressed very nice, which made alex confused.

she looked at him as he approached her and kissed her, muttering an "hi babe". she pulled away, being too confused about what was happening.

"wait a minute, what are you doing?" she asked looking straight into her "lovers" eyes.

"what? can't i kiss my future wife?" he said while going in for another kiss.

she pulled away again, being confused as hell. "future wife? roger, please explain what's happening, because this is going too fast and i dont understand" she muttered, looking at him.

he licked his lips, while putting his hands in his pockets looking for something. he then kneeled down, while taking a little box out of his right pocket.

alex let out a gasp and became pale while looking at him and realizing what he was about to do.

"alexandra marie neville, will you make me the happiest man alive by being my beloved wife?" he said with a bright smile on his face.

he seemed so happy and excited, but it all seemed a nightmare for alex.

"so?" he asked while looking deep into alex's eyes.

she had to break his heart, at the worst moment ever.

_._
you know what i realized? that i suck at writing lmfao.