chptr 4

"dude, come on you should really try to become friends with luke," ashton said while we were walking to our first period class. we had been talking about how ashton didn't think luke was such a bad guy and that i should at least try to have a normal conversation with him. i rolled my eyes - has he never heard luke speak to me before or something?

"michael."

well, speak of the devil he shall appear. i turned around to face the devil himself emerging from the flames of hell.

"what luke?" i asked. his whole group of friends was standing a couple feet behind him, making this worse than it already was. while all his friends and followers saw him as god, i saw him as satan in the flesh.

"could you do me a favor and stay at least 20 feet away from me all day today. im not having such a great day and your freakness would only make it worse," he explained.

"aw did the wittle pwincess not get exactly what she wanted?" i retorted. "why are you feeling bad? did someone reject you for the first time?"

he paused for a second and looked at me before he spoke, "believe me, i've been rejected before.." he let out a laugh, not a humorous laugh but more of a laugh that was trying to patch up an awkward situation - which this was.

"okay, great to know," i said sarcastically and rolled my eyes. during every "conversation" i have with luke, i always end up doing that at least once.

"and by the way, you're the one who came within 20 feet of me," i added.

"because i needed to tell you to stay away, what if i hadn't told you? what would happen then? you'd probably end up trying to suck my dick at lunch or something." okay, now he's getting on my nerves. i don't understand what about me makes him think im gay. it might be because every girl hates me and avoids me and would call the police if i ever tried to talk to them. however, i definitely didn't hate girls back.

"you could've just had calum tell me, but no," i paused for a second, not really knowing what to say, "you wanted to come tell me yourself so you could see my beautiful face that you love so much," looks like i've finally sunken down to luke's level. "and another thing," i continued and leaned closer to his ear to whisper, "you're obviously the one out of the two of us that would be sucking my dick." yup, that had done it. luke was mad. not mad enough to hit me, but mad enough to storm off and accept defeat. he went back to his group of friends and pulled calum out of the bunch. he walked in the opposite direction of where ashton and i were, probably complaining about how much he hates me. i got news for you... i feel the same way.

~

during lunch i felt a vibration in my pocket and assumed it was my phone. (if it wasn't we might have had some serious issues there.) i saw that there was an ask.fm question notification. it had been about a week and a half since i received my first message and i've gotten one everyday since then. im still surprised every time i get one. its weird to think that someone would take time out of their day to write me something special. even if it was just a few sentences, it sure meant a lot to me.

"i wish i had the courage to tell you how i feel in real life. i wish i had the courage to at least become your friend. but i don't even have the courage to come off anon."

-anon

just as i finished reading it, calum walked up to our table.

"what do you want calum?" i asked, my voice monotone. i really didn't know why he came over here in the first place, shouldn't he be following luke around?

"visiting a couple of my two favorite guys," he said, taking a seat next to ashton. i groaned as luke shot me daggers from across the cafeteria while ashton was looking at calum as if he was a god from above. i raised an eyebrow at ashton but didn't say anything. i was silent for most of the lunch period, calum wasn't even my friend - and since when did we become his "favorite guys"? sure he's talked to ashton a couple of times, but do they really even know each other?? unless, they talk when we aren't at school. maybe ashton hangs out at calum's house and luke goes too and they laugh at how much of a freak i am while eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. maybe ashton is secretly part of their group and my mom just payed him to be my friend. the possibilities were endless!

as lunch went on i discovered that calum wasn't nearly as bad as luke. in fact, calum wasn't bad at all.

"calum, what are you doing with these freaks. oh excuse me, i mean these freaks and ashton," luke's voice made us all snap our heads in his direction. i looked up at the girl who was behind him, sending me an annoyed glare. i smiled at her and she scoffed, turning her head away.

"oh, breaking your own 20 feet rule again? just couldn't get enough of me could you hemmings?" i said, luke ignored my comment and continued talking to calum.

"im trying to make friends," calum said, gesturing to me with a smirk. "you should try it some time luke."

"well you can make friends later, we're ditching. you coming?"

calum nodded and grabbed his tray. he was about to leave until he turned back to me and ashton. "you guys wanna come too?"

"yes," ashton said at the same time i said no. ashton glared at me then spoke up again, "we're coming." i rolled my eyes and started grabbing my stuff.

"woah woah woah, we don't need a faggot with us," luke protested.

"what do you mean luke? you were already going," i said confidently.

"whatever. let's go," he said and all five of us walked out of the cafeteria. well, this is gonna be interesting.

----

i actually like this chapter i hope people like it too and actually READ THIS DAMN FANFIC