chptr 13

i averted my eyes away from luke and onto the sheet of half finished english homework on the desk in front of me. i didn't hear him sit down, but once he did i could i could hear him searching through his backpack - and that was when i finally looked up at him.

the tension between us was obvious since mr. warner didn't have to tell luke and i to quit bickering when he walked around the classroom. he gave us a slightly confused look but didn't bother to ask why we weren't talking to each other.

i sat with my chair angled as far away from luke as possible and he stared out the window to the left of him. i let out a long sigh and tapped my pencil against my desk.

"would you stop that?" a cold voice snapped.

i looked up to see luke glaring at me and i stopped tapping my pencil. he shook his head before returning his stare out the window. i looked at the clock that was ticking above the white board, 45 more minutes of this hell class.

"please get into your groups for the assignment and fill out this worksheet," i heard our english teacher say.

the noise of chairs moving against the floor filled the classroom. in a matter of minutes, luke was seated in his seat next to me with lauren and mandy in front of us.

"can you please move," i muttered to luke under my breath.

"i don't know what your problem is," luke commented casually and remained in his seat.

i scoffed, "don't play dumb bimbo blonde with me luke."

"i'm not playing dumb," he said, starting to get angry, "it's not my fault you don't believe anything i've been telling you."

i rolled my eyes, "would you give it up luke? i know you're lying and only trying to hurt me, but it's not gonna work."

i tuned out whatever he argued back with and focused on the worksheet. luke sat in silence as mandy, lauren, and i discussed the questions, such as 'when would you like to present your project? monday, wednesday, or thursday?', 'how well did your group work together?', 'did you learn anything from your group?', and 'what is your project option?'

i stuffed my binder into my backpack and slung one strap over my shoulder, ready to escape the classroom once the bell rang.

~

"what is he doing here?" i whispered in ashton's ear at lunch.

"he has nowhere else to sit," ashton whispered back, pointing at luke's table.

i looked over at luke's table which was crowded with all of his friends, no seat was empty.

"hey man, what's wrong?" calum's voice cut through my thoughts.

luke's eyes snapped up to meet calum's and he shrugged. "not really hungry," he explained and pushed the tray of food away from him.

i looked at luke's table again to see lauren glaring at me. i swear she would kill anyone within 10 feet of luke - and i was definitely within that range. she started making her way over here with a short blonde girl behind her.

lauren sat next to luke and her friend sat across from him, both staring desperately at him.

"uh, hi?" luke said, raising an eyebrow at them.

"hi luke," lauren giggled and rubbed her hand over his bicep, making luke slightly uncomfortable.

i stabbed my fork into my salad as i watched lauren's awful attempt of getting luke's attention.

"if you really want luke's attention, try making an ask.fm," i commented while i glared at luke.

"shut up freak, no one asked you!" lauren shouted, flinging ketchup at me from across the table.