chptr 18

warning: some smut lol

"so, luke," my mom said after taking a bite of casserole, "how are your grades in school?"

luke swallowed whatever he was chewing on, "they're mostly A's and B's.... except for the C i have in gym."

"oh, how come you have a C in gym?" my mom asked, wiping her mouth with her napkin.

"basically, i'm lazy as hell and don't do anything in gym."

"so is michael!"

"mom," i groaned and she gave me an innocent look.

"i'm sure we have a lot in common," luke commented as he played with his food. i tuned out the rest of the conversation and silently ate my dinner, staring aimlessly into space hoping luke and my mom would stop indirecting how perfect luke and i would be together.

my gaze landed on luke, who was currently looking down at his food as my mom talked about god knows what. he looked so cute right now, his cheeks lightly flushed, his hair especially soft, his eyes sparking every time he glanced up at my mom, his-

"-chael ... michael are you even listening to me?"

i averted my eyes away from luke and found my mom giving me a glare. i smiled sheepishly and shrugged my shoulders, "zoned out, sorry. what was it?"

"i said you should help me clean out the guest bedroom so luke can spend the night tonight. won't that be fun?" my mom gushed eagerly and waited for me to answer.

i shrugged, "whatever."

~

since last time didn't go as planned, ashton wanted all four of us to get together to have a 'guys night' on saturday - only calling it that to make it seem straighter.

'hey ashton?' i typed the quick message into my phone and pressed send. we were currently texting back and forth as i sat on my bed in my room alone. luke was in the guest room that my mom and i just finished tightening up about ten minutes ago. something told me that he most likely wasn't going to be staying in there all night.

'yesss?'

'could you, like, maybe buy some stuff? for us all to hang out?'

'like ... condoms?'

'no!!! i mean like snacks and stuff.'

'my kitchen is basically a grocery store junk food aisle already haha. is there anything you want specifically?'

'yeah maybe some .. um .. cherry flavored candy??? like jolly ranchers or something i don't know...'

'and why exactly is michael clifford so in need of cherry candy?'

'no reason.'

'ha yeah right. tell me.'

'.......it's luke's favorite.......'

'how do you know? .. and why do you care?'

'he just mentioned that it was his favorite and that's what my lips tasted like. no biggie.'

'WAIT HE KISSED YOU?'

'oops, forgot to mention that.'

'HOW DID IT HAPPEN?'

'well i was upset he just kissed me blah blah made out blah blah blah, the usual.'

'wait? you do this regularly?'

'NO ASHTON.'

'oh. :P'

a knock on my bedroom door startled me, causing me to drop my phone and it to fall off my bed.