chptr 12

around 10pm luke finally decided to go home. my mom had stopped him to tell him that he was welcome here anytime - which luke gave a cocky response to then left. i settled down on my bed, covering myself with blankets and checking my phone to see if i had any new ask.fm questions.

i did.

i got a giddy feeling in my stomach and took a deep breath before unlocking my phone.

"it's cold and i wish you were here wish me, but all that i have is my dog :("

-anon

"hey, i have a dog too! what's its name?"

"molly, and don't get too excited, she's a little monster."

-anon

"i'm sure she's not as bad as mine."

my mystery anon stopped replying at around midnight, probably had fallen asleep, so i decided to sleep as well.

buzz buzz.

i groaned at the sound of my phone vibrating on the table next to my bed. i looked at the screen and saw a new message from ashton.

'hey man, wanna come over tomorrow?'

i typed a quick 'sure' in reply and set down my phone and fell asleep.

~

i woke up at around 9am and threw on skinny jeans and a t-shirt. i grabbed the essentials i would need for ashton's house - a.k.a. just my phone charger and wallet - and headed downstairs.

i walked into the kitchen to see ruby running around the table and my mom sitting at the table eating an apple.

"you're a little monster," i said to my golden retriever, using my mystery anon's nickname that she used for her own dog. i grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl and informed my mom on where i was going.

she nodded and waved her hand at me as a goodbye gesture and i did the same. i walked out of the house and into the chilly late december air.

the walk to ashton's house only took me about 10 minutes. it would have taken me longer if i hadn't speed walked there, not wanting to keep ashton waiting.

i knocked on the door and was greeted by ashton, who opened the door wider when he saw that it was me.

we said our hellos and he welcomed me inside. i walked straight to his living room, where i was surprised to see calum sitting on the couch watching tv.

"hey calum," i smiled and sat down next to him. "i didn't know you were coming over too."

he looked up from the tv and smiled, "yeah, ashton invited us all over."

"my parents weren't gonna be home today so i decided to invite you all," ashton said, walking into the living room with a bag of chips.

"us all?"

"oh, luke is coming over too, i hope that won't cause too much trouble," ashton explained.

"i can manage," i sighed.

"speaking of luke, has he asked you out yet?" calum asked, playfully elbowing me in the ribs.

"why would he?" i questioned, confusion clear in my voice.

"you two would make a great couple," ashton said with a mouthful of chips.

i grunted, "that's funny."

"no, it's not. you two always have some sort of.. sexual tension when you're in the same room together," ashton added.

i looked over at him and gave him a deadpanned look, "sexual tension? really?"