chptr 22

a week - no less than that actually - we had been dating for less than a week and i was already a clingy boyfriend that was dependent on him for everything. some people might have thought that he would be the clingy one but here i was, standing on my front porch and waiting for luke to give me a ride to ashton's house after i called him and woke him up at 8am.

i know what you're thinking, wow michael, you're an early riser. well no, i'm not actually, but due to my mother taking away my phone last night, there was basically no point in staying up for very long, so i ended up getting a full night's rest.

i took a bite of the granola bar i was holding. usually my mom makes coffee or some kind of breakfast each morning, but she wasn't even awake when i woke up.

luke pulled up in front of my house and waited for me to walk over to him. he rolled his window down and gave me a glare, probably to show how 'annoyed' he was at me for making him wake up this early. i walked slowly to his car to piss him off more, and he only gestured for me to hurry up, which, of course, i didn't do.

"baaaabe," he said in a groggy, tired voice, "hurry up."

i sighed and gave in, walking to his car at a normal pace.

"what's the rush? ashton probably isn't even up yet," i pointed out to luke as i sat in the passenger seat of his black challenger.

"but once i get there i can sleep," he said, throwing his head back when he said the last word as if it would help emphasize how much he wanted to sleep.

"then drive idiot."

~

i looked up at ashton's two story house as luke pulled into his driveway.

"i can't believe you made me wake up 8 for you," he groaned as we got out of his car and walked towards the front door. i just chuckled as luke fumbled with the key he had and ended up dropping it.

"see, it's so early i can't even think straight."

i rolled my eyes once he finally got himself situated and unlocked the door, entering the house first and heading straight to the couch in ashton's living room, leaving me behind him.

"why do you have a key to ashton's house and i don't?" i asked as i followed his path into the living room. i sat down on the couch opposite of the one that luke was occupying, on which he was searching for a blanket near him.

"jealous? don't worry michael, i can assure you that i'm not having some secret affair with ashton," he giggled after he finally found a blanket and was now shifting into different positions to get comfortable.

"why don't you prove that and come lay with me?" i smirked at him. see what i told you? i'm the clingy one here.

luke groaned loudly before standing up and making his way over to me, "if you insist."

i texted ashton a quick message to inform him that luke and i were here, hoping that when he woke up he wouldn't be oblivious about the two teenage boys that in were in his living room. i shoved my phone back in my pocket before luke laid down on top of me.

"luke," i said, looking down to see that his head was resting on the right side of my chest, "i said lay with me, not on top of me."

he rolled his eyes, "shut up, it's better this way."

"how so?"

"well first of all, we're closer than we would be if we were next to each other and second of all, i get to listen to your heartbeat speed up when i do stuff like this," he lifted his head off my chest to place a quick kiss on my lips and returned to his original position.