SIX: EXPERIMENTING

It was quiet in the Dolan household, it appeared no one was home. Mid-afternoon on a Saturday, someone had to be, at least soon.

Grabbing the spare key, Aphrodite unlocks the door and lets herself in. That wasn't unusual, though usually Grayson was expecting her when she did that. Today, she knew Grayson was busy, but was actually looking for Ethan.

Having no idea where he might be, but knowing his parents weren't home either, she bounces up the stairs and steps into his bedroom. She could've texted him, but she didn't have his number. Wherever he was, he'd probably be home soon. Until then, she could entertain herself.

Aphrodite takes a seat at his desk chair, his computer coming to life when she nudges his mouse. She doesn't touch it, instead reaching for one of the skeletons on his desk with a small smile.

It hasn't been long since their day spent together, their night walking on the beach, but she wanted to hangout. She's only seen him once since that night, and that was just for a little bit of studying before Grayson dragged her over to Carla's. Aphrodite was bored and wanted to spend more time with him.

In fact, she'd just come from Carla's, but was sober. Carla was going to hookup with Joey, so Aphrodite took that as her chance to go.

About ten minutes later, she's scrolling through her phone when she hears someone coming up the stairs. Gently placing it down, she swivels around in his chair to face him, watching him jump when he sees her.

"Holy shit!" Ethan shouts, ripping his headphones from his ears. "W-what are you doing here? Aph, you scared the hell out of me."

Aphrodite laughs, "I was bored, sorry." She takes a second to look him up and down. Only a pair of grey sweats hang low on his hips, a black shirt hanging over his shoulder. His skin is glistening, obviously having just come back from a run. "Damn, Ethan. You're hot."

"I-I don't--"

"Obviously you were always attractive, but you're just... more muscular than I thought you'd be under your clothes," she shrugs. He bites his lip, pushing some of his sweaty and messy hair off of his forehead and taking another long sip of his water. He wasn't sure how to take that, so he didn't say anything. Instead, he walks toward his dresser to look for a clean shirt.

Ethan went for a run to clear his head, he wasn't expecting to return home to Aphrodite in his bedroom.

She was part of the reason he needed to clear his mind. Grayson and his friends had been pestering Ethan, as if there was something going on. He was having trouble processing that she actually considered him a friend, he couldn't really think about more than that.

Eyes falling behind her, they widen at the sight of his computer turned on. "You didn't like--you weren't using my--did you touch anything?"

"I didn't... why, hiding something?" Aphrodite asks with a smirk. Ethan shakes his head, shutting his bedroom door and slowly making his way over to her. "You wouldn't mind if I checked your history then?"

"Aph..." Ethan says, taking a seat on the edge of his bed. "It's--that's a little personal."

"So, what kind of porn do you watch, E?"

It sounds so nonchalant coming from her, but it was a very loaded question. There was no way he was answering it, but he knows he's been stupid about remembering to clear his internet history lately.

Her fingers hover over the keyboard, ready to bring it up. Aphrodite glances back at him, watching him swallow slowly. It was cute.

"Y-you--"