Chapter 5- our future home

"Don't you dare hurt her." That was Luther, and I could hear someone else struggling. "Why on earth would I ever fucking hurt the only person I've ever loved?" That was Five. "Ok. I trust you." Luther said, letting go. Five was going towards the door. Shit. I just shut the bathroom door and sat there. Now that I know what really is going on. I'm dealing with symptoms of hostage coping. Guilt, depression, anxiety, etc. Honestly I was feeling better. Five was there. He helped me. He said I was the only girl he ever loved. Holy shit Five loves me. All these thoughts rushed through my head as I was putting on mascara. What reason? Idk, I feel great. I waltzed out of the bathroom and slid down one of the banisters. I walked to the kitchen and met eyes with Luther. "[y/n] we need to talk." He spoke bluntly. "A-about what??" I tried to sound as dumb as possible. "About you and Five." He said. "W-what about us?" I continued to pretend to be confused. "I know you're not that dumb. You exactly what I'm goddamn talking about." He said more sternly. "Well I...I..don't know this all happened so fast I just got back from those godawful people and everything's been so crazy for the past two weeks and..." this time I was actually flustered. "Hey, [y/n] calm down." Luther spoke, this time in a softer tone.  "Uh lets just start out with this, how do you feel about Five?" He asked. "I think he's cute? And smart? And why am I saying that like it's a question? Of course he is." I started muttering. "Oh I get it." Luther spoke absentmindedly, as if he figured something out. "What??" I asked in a breathy tone. "Don't worry. I understand what you're going through." He said, getting up. Luther was strange. Since he's been back, he's been acting a lot like an older brother to me.

I had been sitting at the academy, doing my thing when I get a text from Five.

Five 💕
We're going somewhere. It's a surprise, get dressed I'm picking you up in 20 minutes.

Me
Kk! See you soon!!
I clicked my phone off and dashed up stairs, searching through my wardrobe. "Shit...shit!" I muttered. I didn't really have much except casual wear and academy uniforms. "Wait.." I spoke to myself, remembering. I yanked a box out from under my bed. One time, Sir Hargreeves let me attend a party/meeting he was going to so I could mingle with people 'my age' even though they were all the parents' snobby rich kids. I opened the box and lifted the dress. It was black and fell to my knees. It had white roses embroidered so that they were growing from the bottom of the dress. It was long sleeve and came off my shoulders. I paired it with an old Celtic  knot pendant Allison gave me, and a pair of butterfly earrings Grace got me for Christmas. I walked over to Allison's room and knocked on the door. "Come on in." She spoke. I walked in. "Wow [y/n] why are you all dressed up?" She asked. "Don't have time to explain. You have any lipstick I can borrow?" I asked. "Top left drawer. Grab the light pink/peachy tone." She said pointing. I raise an eyebrow. "Trust me it will match perfectly." She said. I grabbed it from the drawer in the mirror. "Huh. Guess you were right." I said, as I heard a car honk. "Coming!" I shouted. "Bye Allie!" I waved, running downstairs. I got in the passenger side. "Hey Five. How's it been?" I asked, shutting the door. "Not great. But better." He said. "I think you make it 32.7% better." Five finished. "Really? That's kinda low." I said, turning my gaze towards my hands resting in my lap. "Hey that's almost  1/3 better." He said. "Sounds like more." I said, a little confused. "Math was never my strong suit I guess." I said, kind of laughing at my self.  "Well what is your strong suit?" Five asked. "I've always loved reading, and I think someday I'd be a good writer." I said cheerily. "You know what [y/n]? I think you could get any job you wanted to. You're so driven, so talented, so...you." He said, as if he couldn't find the words. I started smiling uncontrollably. "So when will I know our location?" I asked. "When we get there." He said. "Fine." I said, fake-pouting. "You look great." Five remarked, as he eyed down a street sign. "Oh...thanks." I said, going back down to staring at my hands. I could feel myself blushing like crazy. "We're here." He said, putting the vehicle into park. I walk out of the car. It was a quaint little Greek restaurant. We are brought to a little booth in front of a window. "Any drinks to start us out this evening?" The waitress asks, her pen hovering over the paper. "Shirley Temple." I say politely. "Just a water." Five responds. She scribbles against the pad and walks away. I leaned back against the leather booth, staring out the window. It was an okay view. A few tall buildings, with lights randomly scattered in the windows. "So....how had this all been treating you? I get this is all new.." Five asks, his voice trailing off. "Overall, times haven't been so great. But right now, right here? It's amazing." I said, smiling and looking up at him. "Good. After this is all over, I want it to be like this for us." He said. Wait. Is he saying he wants a future? With me? I went back to being as red as a tomato. "I would like that." I said. The waitress came back with our drinks. "Now what would the lovely couple like to eat?" She asked. Couple. It reminded me a lot of the event with that Prosthetist. Is that what we are now? Butterflies grew in my stomach. I quickly muttered my order, my mind beginning to daydream. About me and five, our future. It seemed so beautiful.

Food arrived, Five and I enjoyed it and couldn't stop talking with each other. "I don't understand how you could drink something so sugary." He said. "What! It's good!" I said attempting to defend my Shirley temple. "Have you ever even had a maraschino cherry?" I asked, eating one of the three that was placed in my drink. "I don't think I have." He said. I grabbed one and feed it to him. "It's strange.. but good? I mean it doesn't taste like a cherry, but at the same time it kind of does?" Five described the food confusingly. "That's the beauty in it." I said, taking a final sip as I finished my drink. After the waitress came and said she'd be right back with the check, Five couldn't stop staring out the window. "Five are you ok?" I said in a quieter voice. "Do you have you're phone on you?" He asked."Yes." I said, putting a hand on my small purse. "I need you to go to the car, sit in the front seat, turn it on, and sit then go crawl in the back with your head down." He said in a quiet voice, handing me the keys. "Okay.." I said in a whisper, standing up and grabbing the keys. I opened the front door of the restaurant, and a chill from the night breeze fell against my shoulders. I slowly walked over to the car and opened the door. I locked it and put the key in the ignition. Then I crawled over to the backseat and put my head down. About 3 minutes later, I heard the little bell in the restaurant's front door ring. Then gunshots. A few of them hit the car windows, but caused little damage. Holy shit is the car bullet-proof? I asked myself. After awhile, I heard no more gunshots. I jumped a little when the drivers seat door opened. It was just Five. "I'm so glad you're ok." I said in a whisper. For some reason I went to grab his hand? He gladly took mine and we just sat there for about 20 seconds, staring at each other, and I probably squeezed the bejesus out of his hands. "Sorry." I muttered, letting go. He turned around and started driving. Third time I've been hiding from gunshots. I thought. The diner, the academy, and now this.

A/N
Hey guys! I'm sorry this wasn't anything canon I just wanted to explore something fun! Tell me if you want me to go a little off-base or just stick to the storyline. I hoped you enjoyed and have a god morgen or god Nott!!! :)

word count:1465