Chapter 4: away from home

I awoke to bottles and cans being rummaged through. I opened the window to see Klaus down below shaking through the garbage. I just sat on the railing and watched. Soon Five climbed out a window and started climbing down. "Come on [y/n] we're going on a trip." He said. The Him & Klaus started arguing. "I'm not funding your drug habit. Now come on [y/n]." Five said. I twisted so I would fall backwards into the dumpster. "[Y/N]!" He shouted. I climbed out unscathed and jogged towards him. "I guess it's my turn to scare you." I said. We got in a van and he drove up to the prosthetic factory. "Why did you bring me here?" I said, laying across the front compartment with my legs touching the backseat, looking up at Five. "Because I needed someone to talk to." He said, hooping my nose. I swatted it away. He started spacing out. Then Klaus got in the back of the van & we started chatting. The Luther started banging against the window. "Oh look family reunion." I muttered. Luther and Five argued for a bit, then Klaus tried to steal from a store after he got kicked out of the van.

I went home with Klaus. He took a bath and I was laying on the couch, half asleep. That's when I was grabbed on shoved in the back of a car. I heard muffled gunshots and slamming, then Klaus got shoved in the back as well. We sat there for awhile, just looking at each other, scared as shit. Soon enough we got taken into a hotel room, where two people in masks beat the shit out of us and kept asking us questions like "where is Five?" And "do you know what he's doing?" I think they had a little sympathy, because I heard one of them mutter. "I think she has a thing for Five." When they were conversing in the bathroom. Awhile later, Klaus started talking about some guy on a ski trip. At that point I was hungry, fatigued, in pain, and my eyes were swollen from crying. I wanted to go home. See Pogo, and Allison, and Five. He must miss me, right? He must be looking for me, right? Please say so! I kept repeating over and over again he will find us.

One night, someone comes down the hall with a flashlight. Klaus starts bashing his head against the table. What looks like an officer came in and helped free us. Me and Klaus escaped through a vent, and he took a briefcase. There we were, on a bus, beaten & bruised. I was looking out the window, and went to turn to Klaus, but he had vanished. "Where in the..." I said. I made it off the bus and stepped into the academy, where Five was pacing. He glanced up at me. "[y/n]?" He sounded sad. "FIVE!" I yelled, going to hug him. To my surprise, he hugged back. "I was trying to find you everywhere. But I couldn- I tried to- I..." he stuttered, choking back tears. "I'm just glad you're okay." We were still hugging, just silently rocking back and forth. "Where's Klaus?" He asked. "I don't know.. we were on the bus and he...disappeared." I said. "Fuck- what was he holding?" He asked. "A briefcase." I replied. "Fuck fuck fuck." Five said. Then he teleported to the kitchen, and swiftly back, handing me a mug. Hot cocoa, extra whipped cream, and marshmallows. I broke down crying. "What's wrong?" Five asked. We moved to the couch, where he put his arm around me. "No ones ever cared about me... never been worried about me like that before. I've never been worth anyone's time to care about." I said. "[y/n] listen. You are the most genius, funniest, smart Ass I've ever met." He said. "Besides yourself?" I asked. We both chuckled. I yawned, closing my eyes. Five lifted me up and teleported me to my room. He laid me down in bed and tucked the covers over me. "Night." He whispered. Just as he was about to walk out, I spoke. "Uh..five?" I asked. "Yeah?" He looked back. "Would you mind staying in the room with me?" I asked. "No problem. Does my pacing bother you?" He asked. "Not at all." I smiled and laid down. Fives constant pacing was actually very therapeutic, kinda like rain. Just no thunderstorms. I quickly drifted off. I awoke and Five was gone. For some reason, I didn't feel safe. I grabbed a small wooden box from under my bed an opened it. I pulled out a small bronze clock that was attached to a chain. I slipped it around my neck and hopped down stairs. That clock was my favorite thing. It was broken, so it was stuck at 10:22. It was my dads, he sasid there was 'luck.' behind it; or atleast something powerful. I was born at 10:22 on [dd/mm/06], but my father died at 10:22 on september 17th, 2014. As I assumed, house was empty. I was exhausted, and really needed some comfort. But I just laid on the couch, staring at the ceiling. I felt angry, but at myself? Eventually I got up and stood infront of the mirror. "god i'm ugly." I said. I sat there for awhile, pointing out my own flaws. I felt disgusting, fat, and puffy. "i'm fucking worthless!" I shouted, punching the mirror. The mirror shattered across the bathroom floor. I started crying. I picked up the mirror bits when someone put a hand on my shoulder. I slapped them. It was Five."[y/n] whats- OW!" he said. I ran out of the bathroom and into my room. I heard a knock. "Leave me alone Five!" I shouted. "[y/n] I know you're upset but you need to tell me whats wrong." to be honest I didn't even know what was wrong. The one thing that scared me most was people finding out I didn't know things. I was never very strong, so i've had to be smart. "nothings wrong!" I shouted. He muttered something then jumped so we were both on my floor, this time he was hugging me from behind. "now I will ask again. What's wrong?" "I...I...honestly I don't know." I said, mostly shocked he was holding me in such a way. "Oh, I know what it is." he spoke. "What?" I said, leaning my head back to look up at him. "What did your kidnappers tell you?" he looked down at me. We were so close, almost nose-to-nose. I could feel his minty breath flutter aainst my eyelashes. "They called me worthless, said I was 'no good.' and 'probably leave me in a ditch.' the female one said I was 'the ugliest she'd seen.' I.. I.." I began to choke on my tears again. "Hey, hey, hey." he said, cradling me. "Now i've been meaning to tell you this, but I was unsure how you'd react. I think, out of all the girls out there, you are the prettiest, the funniest, the smartest, and my favorite" Five said, booping my nose. I blushed so hard I didn't think I could get any redder. "Thank you." I said.

we sat there in silence for awhile, him just holding me. I could hear his heartbeat, his steady breathing. Then the door opened. "Hey [y/n] I..." Luther said, witnessing the sight of me being held by Five. He stared at us for a minute, then walked out. Then Five got up. "Well I got to go save the world." he said. "Here." he handed me a phone. "what do you expect me to do with this?" I asked. "I want to keep in contact with you. Make sure you're safe. Know where you are." he said, walking out. I set a password on it & realized Fives number was already there. I added hearts around it and turned it off. I got up and crept to the bathroom to see the mirror shards gone. But I did over hear Five & Luther in the next room.

word count:1355