02

***

It was already November by now. Days so far for Kaycee have been uneventful, between school, studies, and friends (more like Bailey).

Kaycee had finally started working her life. She had started working on a part time job in a book shop for 2 hours each day but 6 hours on weekend.

But Kaycee had no problem working
on weekend in book shop. For her nothing was better than sit and read a book on weekend, that too in a bookshop where she was to be surrounded by books and books only.

As not many costumers come at the shop on weekend, Kaycee spent
her free time reading books. Being
a god-nature man, manager of the
shop allowed Kaycee to read the books at shop if she was free from the costumers.

She was getting 3 pounds as pay per
week. She was happy to become an independent citizen now. She was glad that now she would not have to depend upon her parents for here every small expense. She even gave a treat to Bailey with pizza. Bailey absolutely loved pizza.

       ***        

But her first weekend wasn't as good as she expected. She got most unexpected guest on the shop. They were none other than Jenna and her gang.

'It would be the first time they would have set their foot in a book shop. I'll bet my life if they could tell the difference between a book and a fashion magazine.' Kaycee thought, rolling her eyes.

'As if they don't make my life like hell enough at school... they have to come here as well.' She continued her musing, when Jenna interrupted her train of thoughts.

"Look who's here girls... our dear weirdo." Jenna said egoistically.

"ooooh... Kaycee...what are you doing here? Tati said frivolously.

'Can't they speak normally... or rather have forgotten to speak normally.'
Kaycee thought.

"Hi Jenna, Tati, Mia and Chesca,
do you want something?" Kaycee asked trying to sound professional.

'Bet they won't even know that it's a book shop.' Kaycee thought with an inward smirk.

"It's a book shop... isn't it? Of course we are here for books... girls come on
lets see for the books in here." Jenna said arrogantly.

"So finally you realized it's a book shop." Kaycee said in a mock surprised tone.

"Don't cross the line weirdo."
Mia hissed with a smirk.

Kaycee started sniggering. "do you even know where that line starts and ends mia? She asked.

"Of course we do." Tati spoke with a bit of uncertainty.

'It's just so easy to baffle these dumb-asses... next they would start searching for that line.' Kaycee thought with a smirk.

"Really then tell me where that line is drawn?" Kaycee asked trying to have serious questioning look on her face but inside she was laughing.

"It's in school of course. After all that's where we all gather each day... where you are a weirdo and we are prom queens." Jenna said snickering at Kaycee.

Kaycee just rolled her eyes. "Well
it's obvious you can't seem to think
beyond that...school...where i beat you in almost every class and have better IQ than all yours put together."
She retorted back.