06

***

"Kaycee wake up." Bailey shouted, pulling the covers off Kaycee.

"Mmmm...Bailey, what are you doing here, this early?" Kaycee asked sleepily, as she sat up and checked the time on her alarm clock on the bedside table, which showed 7:05 A.M.

"What do you think, I am doing? Trying to wake you up, of course." Bailey said, as though if it was the most obvious thing in the world, making Kaycee roll her eyes.

"Why did you left early, last evening?"
Bailey asked Kaycee, looking at her closely.

Kaycee looked at Bailey, rubbing away the sleep from her eyes. "You noticed? I thought, you had already forgotten about me, the moment you stepped on the dance floor, with that boy." Kaycee said, with a smirk on her face.

Bailey blushed furiously, hitting Kaycee on the arm, good-naturedly.

"Don't try to change the subject, Kaycee. And look, whos talking, the girl who was in the arms of second hottest guy in the city." Bailey said mischievously.

Kaycee felt confused at this.

'Second hottest? I think he's the hottest.....wait..... why am I thinking like this, about him? It's Francesca's job, after all she was the one, fawning all over him, last evening.' Kaycee thought dryly.

Kaycee pulled herself out of her musings, with great difficulty.

"Second hottest?" She said, looking at Bailey, with a quizzical look on her face.

"Yes, Ken is the first on the list." Bailey replied, with a lazy smile on her face and faraway look in her eyes. Then she again looked at her best friend.

"So why did you left?" Bailey asked again.

"Err... Well I was not feeling well." Kaycee said, faltering a bit.

"Really?" Bailey asked, with the raised eyebrows, as she sat on the bed, in front of Kaycee.

"Yeah" Kaycee mumbled, trying to avoid Bailey's eyes.

"Hmm...Because if I remember, you were dancing with Sean Lew,
and next I saw, you were not there.
Did something happen between you two?" Bailey asked teasingly, with a mischievous look in her eyes.

"Of course not. You are insane to think, that something happened." Kaycee said crossly.

"Relax Kaycee. I was just joking.
Now seriously, what happened?" Bailey asked, looking serious.

"Nothing happened between us. It's just that, all those feelings of being close to a boy, for the first time, were just so new and unfamiliar for me. I mean, I have never been in the close proximity of the opposite sex before, who's not a family. It was just a bit odd, I supposed. That's it." Kaycee said, trying to sound sincere. Bailey nodded with understanding.

"Anyways, since my so called best friend left me to be with someone else. Care to tell me about our dear, Mr. Kenneth San Jose?" Kaycee said, trying to change the subject, which Bailey didn't seem to notice, as she lost herself in thoughts about the boy she had met last evening.

Bailey smiled brightly. She lay back on the bed, looking at the ceiling dreamily.

"It was amazing. He was so sweet and considerate. He listened to me, I mean really listened to me. He didn't make fun of me, like some others did with me in the past. And also he has very beautiful eyes. He asked me about our school. He even ignored my unskilled dancing, though it was him who stepped on my toes most of the time. And he loves and doesn't hesitate to show it. And..." Bailey looked at Kaycee "I have never felt anything like this ever before anyone." Bailey finished in her trademark dreamy voice.