The Notebook Part 1

~Your POV~

It's been two weeks since I've transferred to Japan and I've still yet to make a single friend. But what did I expect really, it's not like I had any friends back at home to begin with. I'm currently staying at a cheap apartment my school rented out for me to stay in for a couple of months and for the other living expenses my mom is required to pay. I also have a part-time job to help out my mom with the living expenses. Although I'm not sure why my school couldn't pay for my whole trip? Like didn't they pay all of the other expenses for the rest of the transfers on the program? I heard that some transfers got to stay at inns for their program. Maybe it's because I was the only one who went to Japan for their transfer, either way, this sucks.

I sigh thinking it's already too late to get out of this damn program. While I was alone in all my thoughts I hear the bell ring just in time for lunch. I grab my lunch from my desk and start  heading out to the roof. As I was heading out the door I bump into one of the boys from my class.

I heard a loud thud realizing that I had hit the floor really hard. I look up to see that I had bumped into an extremely tallboy. I then looked around at the floor for my lunch only to see it was all scattered around the floor. Well shit, there goes my meal for today.

I then look back up only to see the boy with the 'Oh shit' look. He makes his way to me to help me back up. He starts bowing up and down apologetically "I'm so sorry! Are you all alright! Your food!". I see the boy's friends start cleaning up the mess that had been scattered on the floor. I start waving my arms around frantically "W-Wait that isn't necessary! Really you can just leave it to me!". Although I persistently said it was alright the boys carried on with the cleaning. The boy I had bumped into tried to offer his lunch to me but I refused him saying "I-It's okay! I wasn't that hungry anyway. Thank you for cleaning up the mess!". Before the boy could say anything else I headed out to the classroom to the roof.

Once I reached the rooftop I was confused about what to do for the rest of the period. I sigh in annoyance I just had to bump into that dude now I'm super hungry. Well, I might as well listen to my music till the lunch period ends. As I listen to my music I start singing along to the songs, unaware how loud I'm being. Little did I know some people were listening in too.

~Senku's POV~

It's lunchtime and I was in the science room like I always was, experimenting with my new project. I was so focused on what I was doing that I didn't even notice Taiju entering the classroom (Hard to believe cuz the dude's loud but ok Senku). It took me a while to notice the big oaf calling me but after a few seconds, he caught my attention.

I looked to my side to see Taiju's face two inches away from mine. I jumped back in horror "Gyha!" I yelled out, Taiju jumped back too but quickly found his composer as did I. I clear my throat "Seriously big oaf, you really need to learn personal space. You almost made me drop something". Taiju scratches the back of his head and smiles "Sorry Senku but I was really trying to get your attention. You usually notice right away. What are you working on anyway?". I smiled mischievously at Taiju who had taken a step back now "I'm working on expanding new features on this Roomba so it can do work ten times faster than it usually does, which I got down. Now I just need to adjust it so it has a sense of control".

Taiju looks at me questionably but I brushed it off as I was too focused on my experiment. As I was working on the mechanics my attention soon wandered off to the sound of someone singing. Again with the singing, it's like that every day at lunch. I wonder if that person ever gets tired. Well, it's not like I mind that much in the past but now it's getting distracting. Whoever's singing they sing pretty good in English. I wonder if they're from around here?

My inner thoughts were soon interrupted by Taiju's pestering. I look towards him to say "What?". Taiju finally reveals what he wanted to speak to me about "Sooooo~ Senku I was wondering if you would mind going out with me and Yuzahira somewhere after school?" "After school-" I was about to respond but interrupted the sound of someone singing. This again? Seriously where's this coming from? I run out of the classroom leaving Taiju behind to find out where's the voice's coming from. It sounds like it's coming from the roof. I make my way up, once I reach the top I open the door quickly but find no one to be there. The singing just suddenly stopped? I don't see anyone up here? Before I could investigate further I hear the big oaf call out to me "Senku! Where are you?! The bells about to ring." I look down at my pocket to see how much time I had which wasn't long "Tch looks like I need to hurry" before I made my way I looked down beside me to see a notebook lying there. I pick it up before I was called again. I put it in my pocket thinking I'll give it back to the person who dropped it later.

Little did I know that book wouldn't make It back to its owner in a really long time.

Hi everyone I'm back sorry if this chapter is a bit fast-paste and kind out bad but I wanted this out today. I'm thinking of continuing later next week. I so happy to finally be back!