2

Kimmalyn just looked at me, finally, she spoke: "You'll have to ask Cobb." And she walked away. I was so confused I walked into the control room and found Cobb looking from the window to the scanners of our atmosphere, he seemed to be looking or waiting for something. "Cobb?" I said, he looked at me, "what happened up here?" Cobb just looked at me like I was the biggest idiot ever. He signed and said "I'd have hoped you would have figured that out by yourself, the enemy is retreating, they used live pilots this time not just drones and we made it back with most of our pilots. Next time we have to bring the fight to them if we want to truly escape them." He said turning back to glaring at the scanner. "Cobb, what are you looking for?" As I asked the question there was a purple flash of light of in the distance about half a klick away. "She's here!" Cobb shouted and ran out of the control room, a few pilots took off toward the something falling towards the ground, Kimmalyn among them, that's when it finally registered with me, that was Spensa. She was what Cobb had been waiting for. He knew she would be back soon after the battle and he had to have ships ready just in case. I ran down to the launching platform, my ship had already been prepped and was ready to go. I got into my ship and launched off the platform and sped toward Spensa, Hoping, if not me, someone would get there in time to save her.