7

After I got done with the simulator, I knew something was wrong. My head hurt more than it ever had before and I started shaking. I crashed down onto the floor and everything kept going Dark.

(Jorgen POV)

I figured I'd let Spensa try the simulator, she knows her limits. I was on my way back from the mess hall when I found her passed out on the floor a few feet away from the simulator door. I rushed to her and picked her up bridal style and ran to the hospital wing. The medics rushed me out while they hooked her up to their machines and started running their tests. Kimmalyn walked past me as they slammed the door in my face.

"What's going on?!" Kimmalyn asked me.

"I let Spin go to the simulators, and I went to the mess hall to get a snack and I circled back to the simulators and found her passed out outside the door," I said to her as I paced outside the door.

"shit," Kimmalyn muttered under her breath.

I looked at Kimmalyn, confused. She was wringing her hands anxiously and pacing the hall.

 "Kimmalyn," I said as she turned back around to face me, worry written all over her face. "Do you know anything about this?"

"I do," Kimmalyn said, she looked like she was on the verge of tears.

"You have to tell me what's happening, Kimmalyn, please!" Kimmalyn just shook her head.

"Please, at least tell me she's going to be okay."

Kimmalyn just sat on the bench and looked down.

"She is going to be okay, right?"

Kimmalyn sighed sadly before speaking. "I honestly don't know. She has always had someone with her whenever this happens."

I was even more confused now. Had this happened before? Does this happen to her regularly?

"Was she shaking when you found her?" Kimmalyn asked surprising me.

"Umm yes"

Kimmalyns eyes widened, "How long?"

"I'm not sure but it took me about two and a half minutes to get to the hospital wing and she was shaking when I set her down on the bed, or she wasn't I don't remember. I just know she was shaking as I was carrying her."

 "And it was two and a half minutes?" Kimmalyn asked

"about, yeah"

"Shit."

I was getting frustrated at this point. Why wouldn't she just tell me what the hell was going on?

/////////////////////////////////////////

A few hours later I was allowed into the room, Spensa was awake when I walked in but she wouldn't look at me. Kimmalyn was standing next to the bed hugging and comforting her. When Kimmalyn saw me she whispered something in Spensa's ear and Spensa just shook her head in response. Kimmalyn looked up at me again, gave me a weak smile and left the room.

I sat at the end of the bed and we just sat in silence.

"I know what you're thinking," she said to me a few minutes later still not looking at me.

"You do?" I asked her.

She took a deep breath before continuing. "You want to know what happened and why Kimmalyn knows more about what is happening." By now she was looking at me straight in the face.

"Okay, yes, that is exactly what I'm thinking but I don't want to pressure you into telling me something you don't want to tell me right now. Just promise me that eventually, you can tell me what is going on, no matter how long it takes?"

"I want to tell you now, just not here." She said looking around the room.

"Why not here?" I asked her.

"I just want to tell you in my room, where I'm not surrounded by doctors. They said I could go. Do you want to help me to my room."

I smiled at her. "I'd be happy to"

/////////////////////////

(in Spensa's room)

Spensa was leaning against the back of the backboard of the bed and I was sitting at the end. She took a deep breath, I could tell she was nervous. "Spens, you don't have to tell me, you know. I'm not trying to pressure you into telling me anything." She looks at me and I could see the gratitude in her eyes but as fast as it had come it disappeared and the anxiety came back. She shook her head, "I want to tell you."

She took a deep breath before beginning then launched into her story.

"When I was about 8 years old, it was just a normal day at home, I got home from school and went to my room to change out of my uniform and I just got this weird feeling. I went to my grandmother to tell her that I didn't feel well but since I couldn't describe what didn't feel well she didn't believe me. She thought I was just trying to get out of chores. A few minutes later my mom got home and I went to tell her but she thought I was just trying to get out of chores too. And I don't remember what happened next but my mom told me what happened. About a minute later I came back complaining about a headache, I wasn't one to complain when I got sick so my mom began to believe me. She gave me some pain medicine and told me to go lay down while she got dinner ready and then she would come to check on me. When she came back in she saw me having a seizure and took me to the hospital and I was diagnosed with Epilepsy."

I was shocked, Spensa had Epilepsy. How did she get into flight school then? Isn't there a rule against that?

"So what causes the seizures?" I asked her.

"Mostly stress and lack of sleep, there's a surgery I could do but there are side effects to it so I'm not sure I want to do it but I'm a candidate for it if I ever wanted to do it."

"Spens, you do know stress is guaranteed with being a pilot right?" I asked jokingly.

For the first time all night, she smiled. "I have pills that help keep my stress levels down so all I have to do is get enough sleep and I'll be okay."

"Well, then I guess I'll let you get to it then," I said getting off the bed, walking to her, kissing her on the forehead and started to make my way out of her room.

"Jorgen?"

"Yeah?"

"Will you stay with me?"

"Yeah."

She slips into the sheets and I switch off the light and slipped into the covers beside her. "Are you comfortable?" I whisper as she shifts a few times.

"Not really." She scoots closer, nudging her head into the space between my neck and shoulder. "Better"

I grin. Who would've known Spensa was such a snuggler.