4

After the team got back Jorgen went back to Spensa's room to see that nothing had changed, her eyes closed like she was in a deep sleep, her hands laying at her sides, and her steady breaths and the beeping monitors the only sound to keep them company. Only a kiss could wake her up, but this wasn't a fairytale. Jorgen felt like she could wake up any second, but it didn't happen.

Most of her body was covered in bandages from what the doctors thought were bullet wounds or wounds from her impact, hitting the ground. Most of her wounds were lightly bandaged now or healed completely.

'She got lucky, her neck wasn't broken, she didn't die, no trama to her head, it was almost a miracle, almost.' Jorgen thought. She wasn't awake, and she was hooked up to all these machines, she was trapped.

"We had a good day today, Spin. It would have been so much better with you though" Jorgen said to her while stroking her hair. "We went out and salvaged some alien ships today, we may even have enough working parts to repair some ships and even build new ones since you helped bring down that commanding ship"

Jorgen continued to stroke her hair when the door burst open. In walked Kimmalyn.

"Jorgen, we need you up in the control room."

"Okay I'll be there in a second"

 "Yeah.....we were afraid you'd say that so we just all came here."

As Kimmalyn finished talking Cob, Nedd, and Arturo all came into the room

"We knew you wouldn't want to leave Spensa, so we came to you." Arturo said.

They all pulled up a chair and sat by Spensa's bed. Kimmalyn Pulled out a notebook and flipped to an empty page. "Okay," Kimmalyn started, "we need to figure out how to use the slugs to travel, does anyone have any ideas of how or where we have to put them in the ship?" Nobody spoke. "Great," Kimmalyn muttered and turned to Jorgen

"Did Spensa Say anything about them to you, Jorgen?"

"I never heard from her, I didn't even know she had been back until Cob told me after we found her. She told Cob about the slugs and I found out that they were the key to the hyperdrives after I told Cob about the cave deep under us that was full of them. You should be asking Cob these questions, not me." Jorgen pointed out.

"I've already briefed Kimmalyn, Nedd, and Arturo what Spensa has told me, we were just wondering if she contacted you," Cob told Jorgen. Jorgen just shook his head. "No, she didn't contact me."