C H A P T E R: 3

It must have been after 30 minutes or so when Jungkook decided to go to his classes.
It felt really awkward and weird for him because a) he's always hated the sight of teachers and b) he held the court in class and being his old self again was becoming a little bit hard because he literally forgot how he was one of those people whom everyone found attractive.

Not his fault, it's been about 7 years and he's adapted with the same old boring meetings and schedules in office. He's no longer the cool Jeon Jungkook he used to be.

An uncomfortable sensation drives through his body as soon as he sees his old friends. His band mates.
These are the people whom he used to hang out with but everything eventually changed after marrying you.
He had lost his interest in technically everything which he used to like.. drinking alcohol and smoking is the only thing he carried along till date.

He bites his lips as he sees hoseok approaching him, "hey man!"

Jungkook giggles awkwardly, "hey buddy.. h-how are you?" He asks, getting a little awkward to talk to hoseok after so long.

Hoseok and jungkook were best of friends. In fact, he was the one Jungkook was closest to among all the other people in his band.
For him, he was his everything; his mentor, his buddy, his brother. Little did jungkook know that future would have something totally different for him.
After getting hitched with you he had broken his contacts with his friends, he had fled to Seoul.
Not that he never really got in touch with them, they did make a visit to him when your daughter, areum was born but let's just say everyone got busy with their own lives.

"What happened to you bro?" Hoseok snorts, "heard you had some fun last night after my party, hmm?" Hoseok laughs,
"Tell you what" hoseok mumbles, looking around as though not wanting to get caught with what he was going to speak next,
"I'm fvcking planning a trip at jeju this weekend.. I'd rather you bring Jisoo with you"
Hoseok chuckles, "the chick's really badass! You're lucky to get the midnight jockey ride with her dude"

Jungkook stares at his old friend astonishingly, not really confident at what to say next.
Was he really that old now? Was he actually this jerk hoseok is reflecting through his words? Jungkook never really felt this uncomfortable in his life before..

He gulps and nods, "yeah man.. I uh.." Jungkook stares behind hoseok,
"y/n..?"
Jungkook's attention falls over at you as soon as you enter the class.
He could clearly remember this day now. It was the day when he had talked to you for the very first time in college (after sharing 3 semesters together)

You were wearing a white tee and a pair of blue bootcut jeans.

(A/n: somewhat like that)

His heart twitches the moment it hits him. His mind undergoes through all the memories of how you had bought the same bootcut jeans for your beloved daughter,areum, on her 2nd birthday.. his heart beat fastens the moment thoughts about his kids rush up his mind.
He never really realised how in this journey of returning back to his old self he would have lost his children, too.

His breath hitches but he immediately hides it making hoseok frown.
Hoseok looks in his direction and snorts, "don't tell me you.."

"Fvck no!" Jungkook says quickly, "pfft no way.."

Hoseok giggles and pats Jungkook's back,
"Good thing because I kind of am planning to ask the chick out"

Jungkook scoffs and folds his arms, "really? She is tough. Takes a lot of efforts to make up her mind"

Hoseok raises his brows, "and how'd you know that..?"

Jungkook stares at Hoseok dumbfounded and starts coughing in order to divert the conversation however hoseok stares at him, waiting for a reasonable reply,
"She uh.. look at her! She is a geek for all I know.. always studying and shit. Not our type bruh"
Jungkook shakes his head while pouting.

Hoseok chuckles, "that's the thing man! Last night while you was hitting it.... I fvcking got the guts to talk to her. After 3 fvcking semesters Kook! 3 fvcking semesters.."

Jungkook bites his inner cheeks, a little offended at the way hoseok was telling him all this. Did this happen before as well?
Jungkook looks around, disinterested, not wanting to hear what hoseok was blurting,
"Man this weekend is gonna be lit! I can't wait for the moment"

Jungkook nods, "yeah yeah" he rolls his eyes while his peripheral vision doesn't leave your sight.
He could recall how you were the first bencher, teacher's pet.
Always getting high grades and being the A+ student.
A smile protrudes through his lips as he remembers how you had gotten him in the habit of reading books of late.

Jungkook blinks his eyes and shakes his head in order to clear his thoughts.
He wasn't really planning to be with you. This isn't it.
The moment he realised he's somehow teleported to the past was the moment he decided to let his life be the way it should have been. No complications whatsoever.

However, the sight of hoseok exchanging glances with you and the fact how hoseok told him he is planning to ask you out made him refresh his memories.
His best friend had this thing with you. The fact that Jungkook's friendship got over with hoseok was the time when he had discovered how Jungkook got you pregnant.

The pregnancy had happened after a one time fling with him.
It was during this party where both of you were drunk and things just happened with the flow.

A sigh escapes jungkook's mouth as he mumbles, "maybe he's the one for you.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lol if you wanna see the twin bootcut jeans you bought for areumie on her 2nd bday then it looks somewhat like this..

(Silently cries)

(Silently cries)

.|Vote|Comment|.

~author kookieskitty xx 🌹😘😘🐾