── 01

BROKEN VENDING MACHINES

LIKE MOST NIGHTS, the sound of your grumbling stomach wakes you up, your brows furrowing to the empty feeling. It wasn't your fault that you had to eat something every few hours, your quirk having that effect on your body, and if you didn't give your body what it wanted, it will have major repercussions on your health.

So with your health on the line, you wrapped your fluffy white blanket over your shoulders and walked out of your dorm room. You were sure to be quiet when you had your scheduled munchies, your entire dorm quiet in the early morning since everybody was asleep.

"God, it's always so creepy at night," you mumbled to yourself, shuffling down the hall quickly in your bright yellow Pikachu socks.

When you finally arrived at the common area, your eyes automatically went to the vending machine across the room. You started to wonder about all the delicious snacks you'll be eating soon; the chocolate, the candies, the sugar— it made your stomach grumble happily.

"What the fuck is wrong with this shit!?"

Your head snapped towards the figure next to the machine, his ash blonde hair flashing to the faint light in front of him.

"What are you—"

"Give me my fucking food you stupid ass vending machine," he roared, punching the thing in a fit of rage.

You started to step closer to the boy, already annoyed with his usual behaviour.

"You're going to break it, dumbass." But he didn't hear you, instead, he started hitting it harder.

Suddenly, he smashed the machine with an excessive amount of force, the dialling screen and light flickering weakly.

"Are you fucking kidding me right now," he mumbled, the machine now unresponsive.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!" You shouted.

Bakugo turned around slightly startled, not realizing someone was awake at this hour. "Who the fuck do you think you're talking too?" He sneered, turning around to face you.

You scoffed, way too angry to give in to his threat, "The idiot in front of me, who else do you think I'm talking to? The wall?" He clicked his tongue, moving his attention elsewhere.

"Why the fuck are you even here! It's like 2 in the morning—"

"I always wake up at this time, but if you probably paid attention a little more you would've noticed that I was behind you the whole time," you seethed, the effects of your hunger kicking in.

Bakugo only watched as you ranted, not sure what was quite happening right now. "Why are you getting worked up about!? It's just food."

You laughed weakly, staring back at your classmate with narrowed eyes. Sure, you transferred over from general studies and it has already been a few months, but for him to really not know about your quirk was just borderline disrespectful. "You're joking right?"

"Do you think I have the fucking time to joke?"

"Well, maybe if you weren't so damn hot-headed you would've used your brain— now I'm going to starve to death because of your stupid temper!"

"What the fuck did you just say to me?" He jeered, taking a step closer to you.

It was a known fact that you didn't like Bakugo, he was annoying, hot-tempered and rude. And maybe if he would've taken you a bit more serious in class, he would've known about you and your quirk.

"Oh please, you heard exactly what I said—" You point towards the flickering machine— "But now you owe me my snack since you broke the damn thing."

"I don't owe you shit," he answered back, a crappy grin adorning your lips.

"Actually, you do. If you don't give me my food tomorrow at the same time, I'll report you for property damage." You smiled evilly at the ash-blonde, his face trying to hide his uneasiness. He really didn't want to know what the consequences were for breaking the machine.

"Fine, but only because I don't want to get in trouble, you crazy fuck," he grunted.

You nodded, holding a hand over your stomach in pain. Hopefully, you wouldn't get sick because of this dumbass.

────