── 16

BROKEN PROMISES

BROKEN PROMISES.

IT WAS THE end of the day, everyone, who was once gathered in the common area off to bed. It was barely midnight, but you still weren't tired.

It's been nearly two weeks since you started talking to him, two weeks since the vending machine broke. To be honest, you had completely forgotten about it, and now as you look at it in all its glory, it didn't seem as appealing anymore.

"I miss him," you mumbled, starring at all the snacks inside the newly replaced machine.

It was crazy how one person can change your life, even if you only really started talking two weeks ago. You debated whether or not you should visit Bakugo's dorm, wondering if you should tell him the news about the fixed machine. The idea was tempting, however, you sighed and dismissed the idea- you were only going to talk to him after you confessed, no excuses.

As you dragged your feet along the floor, you headed to your room. You weren't sure what you were going to do with your free time, maybe watch a movie or something.

Deep in thought, you bump into a hard surface. "Ow," you muttered, glancing up to the see who it was.

"Oh, hey [l/n], what are you doing up still?"

You laughed nervously, "Um, just hungry like always you know."

"Yeah, that's one thing that will never change," he teased, his grin showing off his toothy grin.

Kirishima was someone close, the first person you befriended at the beginning of the year. If it weren't for the fact that you and Bakugo had your nightly meetups, you were certain that you possibly could've ended up with him. But you couldn't return his feelings, and he knows now too. It pained you to do so, but, you couldn't keep leading him on.

"Kirishima." Your expression softens, "Are you alright?"

His smile falters, "Yeah... I'm just bummed is all. You really are an amazing girl [l/n]."

You wave your hand dismissively, a small blush on your cheeks, "You shouldn't sell yourself short, Kirishima. You're quite amazing yourself." Your comment makes the boy turn scarlet, his hand going to rub the back of his neck.

"Are you guys fucking done?" Both of your heads snap towards the voice.

"Hey Bakugo, isn't it past your bedtime?" The redhead teases, making him grimace in return.

He wraps his hand around your wrist, pulling you away from the redhead, "Shut the fuck up shitty hair!"

Your eyes fall down to your hands, a blush creeping up your face to the gesture. Realizing that you left Kirishima all by himself, you awkwardly send over a smile. On the other hand, Kirishima watched baffled to what just happened, Bakugo dragging you behind him as if you were familiar with one another.