── 04

LATE NIGHT TOPICS

LATE NIGHT TOPICS.

THIS TIME YOU wore your All Might graphic hoodie underneath your blanket, the piece of clothing two sizes bigger than it needed to be. You weren't the one to look so unappealing, however, it was almost one in the morning- it was also just Bakugo.

With his approaching footsteps, you craned your head to the side, Bakugo wearing his usual grumpy expression.

"Hey," he says quietly, sitting down in front of you. The greeting caught you off guard, making you stutter.

"H-Hey."

"Why the fuck are you stuttering."

You grind your teeth while keeping a smile on your face, "Well sorry for being caught off guard by your non-aggressive tone, idiot."

Expecting him to bite back, you watch him suspiciously, Bakugo looking away dismissively. You noticed last night that he seemed a bit distant as if he wasn't really paying attention to what was around him. You didn't think much of it until he slipped up today in class, something Katsuki Bakugo rarely does.

While the gears in your brain were turning, your stomach grumbled loudly. The ash-blonde jumped slightly to the sound, it was strangely loud to come out of such a tiny girl.

"Sorry, here." He shoves his hand in his pocket, placing the bag of sour gummies on the table.

Your eyes light up, "Ouu, I haven't had these in a while."

Bakugo remains silent again, making your face contort into one of pure confusion. 'Okay, now I know something's wrong,' you said to yourself, slowly placing the blue sour candy in your mouth.

"Are you okay, Katsuki? You're... calmer than usual?"

The boy snaps his head towards you, "What the fuck do you mean by that?! Do you want me to yell at you?!"

His outburst makes a smile form on your lips, Bakugo only staring wide-eyed at your reaction.

"There's the hot-headed idiot..." you snickered, throwing another candy in your mouth. "However, you still didn't answer my question."

Bakugo grunts, crossing his arms and leans back into his chair, "I'm fine,
[l/n], just a bit tired."

"Really? Then go to bed, you don't have to keep me company," you suggest, a rogue strand of hair falling in front of your face.

He sucks his teeth, "I fucking know that dumbass, but I can't. So I'm just here to make time pass by faster."

"If you want I can talk about random stuff? Would that help?"

He narrows his eyes, "Talk about what?"

"I don't know... just ask me a question and I'll answer it!" You beam, the ash-blonde too tired to voice out the insult in his head.

"Fine, what's the deal with your quirk, crazy chick." You pout to the nickname, throwing a piece of candy at his head.

"FYI, my name's [y/n] [l/n], idiot. It's not that difficult to remember."

Once again, he sucks his teeth before he rests his head on the surface of the table. You sigh to how unresponsive he was, your mood dampening.

"Well, my quirk is crystallization, like you said," you start, analyzing the gummy that was deformed between your fingers. "With my consumption of sugar, I'm able to manifest solid objects of crystallized sugar at my will. I can make weapons, shields... however, it's only sugar so it doesn't do very well in the heat."

"So whenever I work out or use my quirk a lot, I have to make up for it afterwards- basically I need an abnormal amount of sugar in my body or-" you look down to see Bakugo fast asleep, the boy almost peaceful as he snores softly.

Very quietly, you step around the table and place your blanket over his shoulders, his features softening to the warmth.

It was nice to see someone so angry all the time in such a tranquil light, your thoughts on the boy wavering to how the last few nights have gone. Maybe he wasn't as bad as you thought he was, but overall, you were glad you could've helped the grouchy blonde get some sleep.

────