── 10

EXCEPTIONS

EXCEPTIONS.

YOU NEARLY SCREAMED when someone opened your door so early in the morning, your skin showcasing the goosebumps that just appeared.

"Katsuki?" you tiredly sat up from your bed, the ash-blonde holding something in his hands. "What are you doing here?"

The boy rolls his eyes, "I can't fucking sleep."

"Oh. Well, I have to take my medicine, so if you want you can keep me company," you suggest, grabbing the sugar from your bedside.

As you took the sugar, Bakugo jumps on the other end of the bed, your eyes widening to the action. You watched as he made himself comfortable on your bed, a small giggle leaving your lips as he took your blanket and threw it over himself. On the other hand, Bakugo tried his best to ignore your smug expression, too tired to even muster an insult or to overthink that he now sat on your bed.

You raise an eyebrow when you see him open his laptop, "What are you doing?"

"I'm not just going to watch you take your stupid medicine, I'm putting on a movie," he says, typing something into the device. You smile to yourself, happy that Bakugo decided to stay for a while longer- even if it's in his best interest.

After putting away your medicine, you slowly make your way next to the ash-blonde, taking a single pillow to hug as you made yourself comfortable. Bakugo, however, was having a hard time concentrating with you around.

Of course you've been hanging out at ungodly hours because of him, but the experience was just odd in general. He agreed that you were friends but still acted like a jerk, but you didn't mind. The whole thing confused him, especially since you were 'blackmailing him' and he still continued to look out for you.

"What movie do you want to watch?" He snarled, pinning his attention to the screen in front of you.

"Disney," you say, Bakugo growls.

"There's no way I'm watching some stupid Disney movie. We're watching something with action."

Your eyes then light up, "Fine, compromise it's is then."

Bakugo lets you type in whatever movie you're looking for, his face falling once he recognizes the round friendly hero. "I'm not fucking watching this, [l/n]," he mutters.

"But it's both Disney and action! You can't judge it just by the cover, dumbass." He sucks his teeth as you pressed play.

You watched with a joyful expression, not at all bothered by the blonde sending you a glare once a while. Sometimes the things he does doesn't make sense to you. He was here to fall asleep, not enjoy a movie with the chick who's blackmailing him- Bakugo still hadn't realized your bluff.

After getting into the movie, you noticed the lack of Bakugo's glare boring into the back of your head. You thought that maybe he finally fell asleep, not bothering to look back to find out for yourself.

"Are you sleeping yet?" You ask, a few moments passing before you hear the familiar grunt from the blonde.

"I'm trying so shut up."

You grumble to yourself and continue watching, however after five minutes you speak again. "How was class today? Did I miss anything?"

A growl passes his lips, looking down at you in annoyance, "It was the same as always, and of course you fucking missed something."

You sigh and look back at the screen, your mood dampened as you wonder about the amount of work you had to do once you come back to class.

Suddenly, Bakugo ruffles up your hair, "Stop fucking worrying, you'll be fine."

You simply gape at the boy next to you, wondering if the hot-blooded, arrogant Katsuki Bakugo just comforted you. Strangely, his gesture made the corner of your lips tug into an uneven grin, a sensation fluttering in your chest. It didn't help either how calm and unbothered Bakugo looked after, those two words never associating with someone like him. But after you noticed the tips of his red ears, you refrained from teasing him since he acknowledged his own odd behaviour.

"I'm gonna fucking cry, Katsuki," you mumbled, one of the characters in the movie passing away.

"What?! Are you fucking serious he's not real!" Bakugo yells, but you cry nonetheless.

As time went on, you continued to ask Bakugo if he was watching the movie, making sure if he fell asleep or not. But every time you asked, he would just tell you the same thing over again, which just made you sulk.

When the six heroes went to go fight off the villain for the first time, your eyes began to get heavy. Your fever wasn't present anymore, however, you did need a lot of rest.

"What the fu-" Bakugo stops his sentence when he looks down at you, your hair falling over your face as your head leaned against his shoulder.

If you weren't sick right now, Bakugo would've woken you up in a fit of rage, once again not keeping up your end of the deal. Making sure you weren't just pulling a prank on him, he pinches your cheek which leaves a pink undertone. The blonde looks down at his hand, surprised by how hot your skin felt against his own. He assumed that was why you wore what you wore, probably another side effect of your burden of a quirk.

"You owe me for this, fat ass," he mumbled to you as his features softened, but you only snuggled closer to him in response.

Bakugo went frigid with how much closer you got to him, panicking slightly if he woke you up or not, however, you didn't budge after that. He thought to himself if you had some sort of death wish, not sure if you were just making fun of him or you just really didn't give a shit; and which one was worst outcome. Regardless, he kept his bubbling anger to a minimum, not really wanting to wake you up since you were sick.

Bakugo was unconsciously making certain exceptions with you, and it was making him slightly uneasy as he spent more nights with you. Nonetheless, he would ignore it and blame it on his lack of rest. For now at least.

────

(OCT 2020)

okay, so this was something I wrote and there's some comments about that I read about but only recently have I actually answered one. sorry if I unintentionally offended someone about the subject, I realized now that I should have edited it or changed it...

So I did- sorry I didn't do it sooner.

And just to clarify, women are allowed to wear whatever the fuck they want and shouldn't have to be scrutinized by men or anyone in general because of it.

Thank you.