Best friends | 2

Worry
noun
a state of anxiety and uncertainty over actual or potential problems.
"they are in constant worry, for themselves and for their children."

worry. that's what 15 year old Tsukishima felt when his best friend Yamaguchi didn't show up for school.

now you might be wondering what's so bad about that, right? well, Yamaguchi is one of the good kids in school, he only goes absent when he's really sick which rarely happens. and if he has to miss a day of school, he'll make sure to tell his blonde friend.

Tsukishima's first period ended, he decided to skip the rest of the day. he didn't have anyone to talk to and felt so out of place, and he couldn't concentrate because of his worries.

he was now running towards Yamaguchi's house and texted him on the way, alerting him that he's coming over.

Tsukishima reached the house and knocked on the door. it took a moment but he eventually heard footsteps and the door opened.

there stood was his shorter friend, he was rubbing his eyes as if he just woke up, his cheeks were scarlet red causing his freckles to fade a little. Tsukishima has to admit, Yamaguchi looked adorable.

he frowned and brushed off the thought. he entered the house and followed Yamaguchi to his room. "Why didn't you go to school today?" he asked even though clearly, it was because he didn't feel well.

the other boy gave him a sweet smile before answering, "I caught a cold, possibly cause I walked in the rain yesterday." Tsukishima mentally face palmed, "didn't I tell you to go home with me since I had an umbrella?" he said clicking his tongue.

"I had to go somewhere first and I didn't want to bother you." Yamaguchi explained. Tsukishima shook his head and told him to go wait in his room.

Yamaguchi was always like this, saying he doesn't want to bother Tsukishima and other things similar to that. but he was and would never be a burden to the taller male.

Tsukishima took the soup he got on his way to Yamaguchi's house and heated it up. while waiting for the soup to warm up he grabbed a towel and wet it with cold water.

he walked up to Yamaguchi's room and found him sleeping. he kneeled next to the bed and brushed the few stray hairs off of the sick boy's face. Tsukishima laid his hand on Yamaguchi's forehead and quickly pulled it away. it was very much warmer than usual.

Tsukishima placed the towel on Yamaguchi's forehead and went back down to get the soup. he grabbed a small tray and put a glass of water and medicine along with the soup. he shook his head and clicked his tongue. Yamaguchi really should've walked with him home.

he went back up and poked the green-haired boy's cheek. "oi, Yamaguchi." the boy didn't budge. Tsukishima shook him a little. "Yams, you have to eat." still no answer from the sleeping boy.

he gave up and decided to give him a few minutes of sleep. he changed his sitting position to be more comfortable. Tsukishima unknowingly started brushing Yamaguchi's hair with his fingers. he studied the boy's face.

his freckles that dotted his face reminded Tsukishima of the stars. even though a lot of people hate it, even Yamaguchi himself, Tsukishima thinks it just makes him even more beautiful.

his hand slowly went down to Yamaguchi's cheek and without knowing it, he started leaning in front. he snapped back to reality when he felt Yamaguchi's cheek heat up. Tsukishima's face reddened when he saw that their faces were so close that if Yamaguchi was awake, he would feel the blonde's breath.

Tsukishima immediately pulled back and scratched his head, what was he thinking? he tried brushing it off.

Yamaguchi soon woke up, he ate the soup and took the medicine. Tsukishima's face was still red and he was being fidgety, he couldn't get the thought of kissing Yamaguchi-

what? he's really going crazy, maybe he was sick too. thank the gods Yamaguchi was asleep before.

or was he?

-

yaaaaa good morning, good afternoon or good nightttt!!

that's it for this chapter, I hope you guys liked it.

I luv yaaaa baiiiii!