Best friends | 4

fun
noun
           enjoyment,amusement or lighthearted pleasure.
"the children were having fun in the play ground"

-

Tsukishima was never a "fun" person. he is and always been serious about everything. of course he laughs occasionally at jokes but it rarely happened. his world was kind of a dull place.

but that was before he met someone. someone that changed his life. someone that taught him that life doesn't have to be so serious at all times. someone that taught him that it's not bad to sometimes let your guard down. his life changed when he met Yamaguchi.

the green haired boy, despite being bullied frequently, always had a pleasant and fun aura to him. he was always smiling. Tsukishima hated it at first, he was annoyed by the fact that Yamaguchi was always having fun. he didn't get what the point was, why not just focus on your studies instead of playing outside?

but throughout the years they spend together, he grew to love Yamaguchi's positivity. he remembered back in 6th grade, they were always at the library. Tsukishima, of course was always studying and reading educational books, while Yamaguchi read more fun books like manga or comics.

Tsukishima remembered how Yamaguchi will frown when so much time had passed and Tsukishima barely spoke to him. "Tsukiiii." The shorter boy said. the blonde didn't even bother looking up and just responded by a "mhm?"

"we should have some fun you know, we are just kids, we don't need to be planning our whole life." Yamaguchi said and leaned back into his chair. Tsukishima, for the first time in 1 hour, put his book down and looked at Yamaguchi. "what am I going to do with fun? atleast when I read, I can use the knowledge I get for something."

Tsukishima was about to pick his book back up but Yamaguchi beat him to the chase. "Nuh uh, enough studying for today. come on, I want to show you something!" the freckled boy said and stood up.

Tsukishima remembered the sparkle in his eyes as he said that. the blonde sighed and stood up, "fine."

Yamaguchi immediately smiled and skipped outside. it was silly but that gesture made Tsukishima smiled.

"Tadashi, we've been walking for minutes, where are you taking me." Tsukishima whined, "Just a little longer." Yamaguchi said and grabbed his hand before taking off running.

they finally stopped and we're both panting, "what was th-" Tsukishima's jaw dropped when he saw where they were. it was a simple location, just a clearing surrounded by Sakura trees. the pick petals were beautiful but what really made the place spectacular was the look on Yamaguchi's face. he looked so happy.

that was the first time that Kei actually took the time to have some fun and just let himself go. it was the first time he laughed and laughed until the sun was setting. it was the first time that he wasn't thinking about anything else, the only things filling his mind was how gorgeous the clearing was and how glad he is to have met the boy sitting next to him.

He really was grateful of Yamaguchi,without him, Tsukishima is sure he would never experience half the stuff he experienced. he would've never see how beautiful life really is. he was thankful to have a friend like him.

but now, Tsukishima realizes it wasn't the positivity the he admired anymore, it was Yamaguchi himself. now, just looking at the boy made him feel unusually happy, it makes him nervous, it makes his heart beat faster, it makes him somewhat scared.

he felt all sorts of things when it came to Yamaguchi.

Tsukishima realizes what that meant. these weren't emotions and feelings you feel for your friend. Yamaguchi was so much more to him. he now realizes that he loves Yamaguchi.

no scratch that, he always did love Yamaguchi, he was just scared of his feelings.

-

this story really be hitting hard, is it just me?

anywayssss thank you for reading this, I love you guys SO much and baiiiii!

-Dennise