Best friends | 8

ignore
verb
refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally.
"he ignored her outraged question"
-

Yamaguchi smiled contentedly as he walked to his school. he stopped for a second when he saw a familiar blonde figure about 8 feet away from him. Tsukishima had his earphones but Yamaguchi still called out to him, knowing that sometimes, the blonde doesn't really have music playing despite having his earphones on.

the freckled boy pouted when his best friend didn't turn around but he shrugged it off. maybe he does have music playing. he tried catching up to the boy but it seemed like Tsukishima was walking faster.

Yamaguchi got to his class about 5 minutes after Tsukishima did. he sat at his usual place, which was next to his best friend, and poked Tsukishima's arm. the blonde had his head laid on the table with his arms covering his face. he just let out a tsk sound before turning his head away from the freckled boy.

jeez, he sure is extra grumpy today.

however, Yamaguchi's attention was turned to Aimi as she sat beside him. "hi, Tadashi!" she smiled sweetly at the boy. the green haired boy smiled at her back. "oh, yesterday was really fun by the way." Yamaguchi said. the brunette agreed with him.

they both stopped talking when the teacher started the lesson. Yamaguchi noticed that something was kind of off about Tsukishima. the boy who was usually always serious about studies wasn't paying attention at all. his elbow was propped on his desk, laying his head on his palm. the blonde was looking at a window with boredom clearly plastered on his face.

Yamaguchi took the pen he was holding and lightly poked Tsukishima's arm, the boy glanced at him for a second before turning away. "Tsukki! why are you being so grumpy?" he whispered. Tsukishima finally took his look away from the window and instead paid attention to the board, completely ignoring Yamaguchi.

"oi I know you can hear me!" he said a little bit louder. "Tadashi, mind sharing with the whole class what you're talking about?" the green haired boy flinched before saying sorry to the teacher.

he glanced at Tsukishima before paying attention to the class, a pout on his face the whole time.

at lunch, Tadashi always asked Tsukishima if he wanted to eat with him and Aimi, so when the bell rang he stood up and turned over to his best friend. "hey tsuk-" the boy completely ignored him and walked away, not even sparing a glance his way. "is there a fight between you guys?" Yamaguchi's girlfriend asked with concern.

Tadashi shrugged, "we were just fine yesterday..." he trailed, looking at his shoes. "maybe it's just a bad day. it'll be fine, Tadashi." she said and smiled, effectively cheering Yamaguchi up.

Tsukishima bit his lip as he walked up to the rooftop. he felt extremely guilty for shutting his best friend out like that for no reason. but it was for the best.

maybe, just maybe that he will get over his feelings this way.

-
ayeeeee- a decent chapter for once!

please send me requests for my Haikyuu one shot book!

THATS IT TODAYYYY, BAIIII AND I LOVE YOU ALL <3

-Dennise