best friends | 12

friend
noun
         a person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically exclusive of sexual or                     family relations.
"he's my friend"

-
it's been two weeks since Tsukki stopped ignoring Yamaguchi. we can say it has gotten better, a little. it wasn't the scenario Tsukishima would have preferred but it's better than nothing.

he was sitting infront of Yamaguchi and Aimi trying not to be awkward at the fact that he's a third wheel and laughing at their jokes. they tried to not be all lovey dovey, Tsukishima can tell, but the inside jokes, subtle touches, stares were killing him.

of course, it was normal for them to act like that, they were a couple. but watching them holding hands infront of him made Tsukishima's heart ache.

Aimi was really nice. Tsukishima couldn't deny that even if he wanted to. he couldn't be mat at her for taking Yamaguchi. he couldn't be mad at Yamaguchi for falling in love with her.

Yamaguchi and Aimi were perfect together. the perfect height difference, the humours they had that perfectly matched each other's, interests, everything. they were like pieces of puzzle that fit perfectly, and Tsukishima was just there, lost.

"Tsukki, do you want ice cream?" Tsukishima broke off his stance and looked up to Yamaguchi's eyes from his hand intertwined with Aimi's . "huh? oh yeah sure." he asked.

they entered a random ice cream shop. "my treat!" Yamaguchi slapped Tsukki's hand when he tried pulling out his wallet from his pocket. the slight touch made his cheeks redden.

gosh, what's wrong with me?

Tsukishima thought, Yamaguchi's hand barely touched his for 2 seconds yet he felt the butterflies in his stomach go wild.

luckily, Yamaguchi didn't notice this.

but someone else did.

"here's your strawberry ice cream." Yamaguchi gave the ice cream cone to the blond, making their hands touch again which made Tsukishima gulp.

the three had just finished watching a horror movie, and Tsukishima was very glad. it was awkward to say the least. Aimi and Yamaguchi were holding hands and Aimi would get closer to Yamaguchi every scary scene, but she was nice and returned to her normal spot when she noticed that Tsukki was looking.

"that movie was scary." Aimi said. Yamaguchi giggled. like actually giggle, Tsukishima has never seen Yamaguchi smile like that before. he really loves her huh. "yeah I can tell, you screamed like every five seconds." Aimi looked at Yamaguchi, "says you, you were screaming too."

Tsukishima smiled at the bickering of the two. he was glad they weren't like those couples that would kiss every 5 seconds. they still looked cute and you can still hear the fondness and adoration in their voices when they bicker. Tsukishima's heart ached when the thought of being in the place of Aimi passed his mind.

Aimi's really lucky to have Yamaguchi.

Yamaguchi is really lucky to have Aimi.

Tsukishima didn't believe in soulmates but he thinks he might be witnessing it right now, infront of him. two people perfectly made for each other.

"Tsukki!" Yamaguchi screamed after Tsukki, he had to go the other way from the couple to go home. the blonde turned around, "yeah?"

"thank you for today, you're the best friend ever!" Yamaguchi said before giving Tsukishima a plush dinosaur, that by the way Tsukishima didn't see him buy.

"yeah you too." he said before turning around.

yea, friend.

-

I honestly think that I love hurting Tsukki in this story- lIKE IN EVERY TSUKKIYAMA FIC, YAMAGUCHI IS THE ONE GETTING HURT SO WHY NOT HURT TSUKKI?

please give me oneshot suggestions 💖

BAIIII AND I LUB YOUU

-Dennise