best friend | 9

numb
adjective
              deprived of the power of sensation.
"my feet were numb with cold"

-

2 weeks.

Tsukishima somehow managed to ignore and avoid Yamaguchi for two weeks. he managed to ignore all the messages, the calls and his adorable puppy dog face.

Kei didn't like it at all. he wanted to respond to those messages and say that he missed him too. he wanted to answer the calls and hear Yamaguchi's soft voice. he wanted to look at his best friend's eyes and kiss him on the lips.

but he can't. Tsukishima knows that that would hurt him even more.

"Tsukki, atleast tell me what I did wrong! this is unfair! I hate this!" another voicemail. Yamaguchi sighed and sent Tsukishima another one. this time, his voice was calmer and softer. "Tsukki, I miss you, can we please just talk? please." his voice got quieter towards the end.

his messages weren't even seen by his best friend. the green haired male just wanted to know why Tsukishima was ignoring him. he doesn't remember making the boy mad or anything. in fact they were talking normally before the the day he started ignoring him.

"still no answer?" his girlfriend walked in the room with tea in hand. "Aimi, I just don't understand what I did for him to do this." the blonde girl ran his fingers through his hair and hugged him. "you guys will be fine, just keep trying to reach out to him."

Yamaguchi's breathing was getting heavier by second, "I've been trying for 2 weeks, but still nothing. not even a glance, not even one seen, nothing!"

Tsukishima looked at the notifications on his phone screen.

2 voice messages from Yamaguchi

he wanted to open them, he really did. but no. he can't.

Tsukishima sighed and rubbed his eyes, which were really red and swollen from crying. he was at the point where he felt numb. all of a sudden a tear would just fall from his eye without him even realizing.

Kei was hurt, he knew that he was, it's just he's so pained that he can't feel anything anymore. but that's fine. that's okay.

Being numb means that he doesn't have to feel the pain anymore every time he sees his best friend. suddenly the door to his room opened, Akiteru entered and sat infront of Tsukishima. "what?" the younger one said. "Yamaguchi stopped by two days ago again and mom said you didn't let him in, what's happening with you two?"

pain flashed in Tsukishima's eyes, but as always, he was good at hiding his emotions behind frowns. "none of your business." normally, his brother would leave him alone but this time, Akiteru didn't. "Kei, you were never mean or anything like that to Tadashi, why are you suddenly acting so heartless towards him?"

the younger sighed and stood up. "the only way to not get hurt, is pretend that you don't have a heart." with that, he walked away, leaving his brother in shock and confusion.

-

ok what- I actually like this chapter. I hope you like it too!

I finished Inking | Iwaoi so if you haven't already, please read that book.

and I also have a good recommendation for you guys. it's called "Turn the tables around" by AGirlWithSparkles

please read it, she's new to writing Haikyuu fics.

that's all BAIIII AND I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!

-Dennise