Best friends | 5

jealousy
noun
         a state of feeling of being jealous.
"i felt a pang of jealousy"

-

Tsukishima heard his phone ring, he answered it quickly when he saw who was calling him.

"hey Tadashi." the blonde said, trying to sound the less enthusiastic as he can.

"Tsukki!" Yamaguchi screamed making Tsukishima flinch and grimace. the freckled boy sounded really excited and happy.

"excited, huh?" the blonde asked him and chuckled a little when he heard the other boy squeal.

"okay, you won't believe this but..."

"but? don't leave me in suspense." they both laughed.

"Tsukki, I got a girlfriend!"

there was silence. Tsukishima's smile fell in an instant.

"o-oh, congrats Yams! you really deserve that!" he said trying to sound happy for his best friend, even though if Yamaguchi was beside him, he would see that the blonde was on the verge of tears.

"yeah, I just asked her out, and she said yes, surprisingly." Tsukishima could practically hear the green haired boy's smile.

"what do you mean surprisingly? a lot of people wants to date you." Tsukishima meant that. a lot of people did want to date the precious boy, they loved how positive and adorable he is. the blonde boy was one of those people.

"Tsukki! anyways, I want you to meet her, are you free in 10 minutes?" Tadashi asked, his voice full of hope.

"10 minutes?" even though Tsukishima was free, he didn't want to go. but this was for Yamaguchi. "yeah of course I'm free, I'll get ready now."

"mhm okay, she's excited to meet you!" they said their goodbyes before hanging up.

Tsukishima plopped on his bed and sighed. he lost his chance, he was too of a coward to confess and now he regrets his decisions.

true to his words, he started getting ready and soon, he heard a knock from his front door. the blonde opened it and saw his shorter best friend. "hey, Tsukki!" Tadashi said while entering.

"I can't believe you're going to meet each other. you know, you're the best friend I could ever ask for." he said and smiled brightly. right there and then, Tsukishima had the urge to just pull him closer and kiss him. he shook off the though.

"Yeah, I know I'm a good friend." the blonde said jokingly while Yamaguchi rolled his eyes. "Now come on, she said she's waiting in the café nearby."

Tsukishima knew the café Yamaguchi was talking about. it was where he and Tadashi always go whenever they're bored, they have homework or they just want to hangout.

the two entered and immediately, they saw a girl waving at them. "Tadashi!" Yamaguchi's eyes clearly lit up at the sight of the girl. Tsukishima would be lying if he said he didn't feel jealousy. they approached the table and sat down.

"Aimi, this is my best friend, Tsukishima. the one I told you about." she smiled and shook hands with the blonde boy. "hey, nice to meet you!"

the girl named Aimi was gorgeous, even Tsukishima couldn't deny it. her eyes were a perfect chocolate colour, and her ombré hair was on a ponytail with her bangs falling on her face.

Tsukishima wanted to get out of there, but he knew how much that would hurt Yamaguchi.

he wanted to say to his best friend how much he loves him, more than someone should love their friend. but he didn't want to ruin Yamaguchi's happiness.

so he let it be, anything for Tadashi's happiness.

-

hiii!

I hope you guys liked this chapter! please vote and comment.

also I just made an edit account on Instagram, ,my username is x_hq.edits_x. I know it's complicated but most easy usernames were already taken 😂.

that's it for today! THANK YOU GUYS AND I LOVE YOU!  baiii 💖

-Dennise