Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

Sarah's POV:

"I-I'm your happy little pill?" I went back in shock, widening my eyes at what he called me.

He only used that phrase to describe his aunt. Of course, she's been around his whole life, even before he developed his anxiety. She's like a mother to him. He wouldn't dare call another living soul that.

Yet, the only names he would call me were annoying, sweet, and lovely. He'd be a bit repetitive with the names, but 'happy little pill' was never the one that'll come out as easy.

Happy little pill was used to refer to only his aunt.

"Yeah... My happy little pill..." He stated calmly, realizing what he'd just told me. It seemed as if he was feeling a bit satisfied with himself, like he'd taken all the weight off his shoulders. It was like he meant to say it all along.

"I-is that a problem?" He asked me a bit discouraged, thinking that I was a little disturbed or uncomfortable with the nickname.

"No! No! Of course not!" I exclaimed a bit too quickly, feeling my face flush with embarassment. "I-I mean no. It's n-never a problem Finn."

He chuckled on the other end, slowly stopping the process of his anxiety attack and sniffles. "Am I yours?" He brought the question up and sounded a bit as if he was five, although I'm sure he meant it.

"Are you my what?" I asked a bit dumbfoundly. I was still shocked at the amount of honesty we had here... It was like we've been talking for hours, and not for the past half hour or so.

"Am I your happy little pill?" He asked once more, leaving me to wonder if he was.

'Of course he is. He's my best friend, my soulmate, my lover, my other, even my happy little pill. He's my everything.' I thought, smiling big without realizing for a moment.

"I-I am?" He spoke out on the other line, reminding me he was still there. "I'm your everything?"

I felt blood rushing to my cheeks from embarrassment from speaking out loud. 'Oh God. You've done it again, Sarah.'

"Y-yeah..." I stuttered and stumbled, making me feel even more embarrassed in front of Finn. Why do I do this to myself? Especially in front of Finn? "...Y-you are."

"Is that so?" He jokingly questioned and teased, chuckling a bit afterwards. He already knew my face was probably red as a tomato at the moment.

"...You're my everything too." He sighed, as if he was releasing more and more weight of his shoulders. He sounded more serious and, well, honest. "You've been my everything for a very long time."

After a while, there was a bit of silence. Not particularly an awkward one, but one where you can sense some sort of happiness. Where you sense that the other person you're talking to is happy. They're smiling with a feeling of protection or happiness.

And... That's all I want for Finn. He's gone through so much, and it hurts to see him go through another anxiety attack or even to hear him cry.

"Should we meet at the park?" Finn suggested, just to change the subject. At this point, I started to feel a bit odd. "Like we used to?"

He asked me out when we were at the park, now what else?

"Sure. I'd love to... Finnegan." I teased, with me cheekishly knowing that he didn't like the name.