🍭 | Part Five: YUI

Ah, I finally got home after those days at the hospital. I open the door to my house and it smells the same. The scent of home built from the love of my mom and dad. Then, I smell something coming from the kitchen.

I immediately go there and say, "Dad, I'm home!"

When I get there, it wasn't my Dad. It was someone I never thought I'd see again. Kaito.

He sees me and somehow he turns away, "Your dad has gone to work. I'll go after I cook breakfast. Don't worry."

"I-It's all right, Kaito. Did something happen?" I ask, then I noticed his face has another bruise. What the heck happened?

He just ignores me and so I immediately went to the bathroom while checking my phone. I received so many texts from Risa so I just went to her recent message.

Risa: Yui! Check this immediately! I feel sorry for Kaito.

There's a link and I open it. Then I read everything. Kaito's dad is now in jail and Kaito is here with us because of it. At first, I thought he was saying all those hurtful words because he's taking out his anger towards me. But, it seems he said those things so the investment wouldn't push through. I didn't know he was hurting all this time. He never did intend to hurt me but I'll never know the truth until he tells me. Or someone does.

I sigh and get the first aid kit. I went downstairs and in my relief, he's still there.

I notice he's done eating and is about to leave.

"Kaito! Can you sit here for a moment?" I sit at the couch and I thought he was just going to ignore me but he actually went near me. I blush. Geez, I thought you don't like him anymore, Yui?

I open the first aid kit and get the ointment. "Can I?"

He just nods and looks away. Carefully, I open the ointment and get the right amount to put at his cheek. I was careful not to harm him further.

"Ouch." He yelps.

"Sorry." I say and close the ointment.

He then sighs, "I'm sorry, Yui. You can hate me for everything I've done. But I just want you to know, I really did like you before all those things that happened."

He stands up and goes out of the house. I'm left wondering if those words really are true.