🍭 | Part Sixteen: KAITO

I see Yui come out of the restaurant. I followed her because I was worried about her a lot. That jerk, Lee, might do bad things to her. I can't help but be afraid that Yui might be gone tomorrow.

I walk out of the car. I grab my guitar and immediately see her walking ahead of me. She doesn't notice me. She keeps walking and stepping on certain bricks on the floor. I follow her path. I'm glad she's okay after all that encounter with Lee.

We made it to the park. I follow her to the swings and she sits on it. I pull out my guitar and quietly pluck the strings to produce a quiet mellifluous melody. She turns to me and smiles. Along my music, she swings back and forth. The stars in the night sky seem to compliment her overall self.

I finish playing and slung back my guitar.

"So did you follow me because you were worried?" She asks straight to the point.

"Yeah." I answer I go behind her and gently push her.

"Well there's no need. I know Lee's ways."

"How do you know?" I ask. All I know is that Lee is a jerk.

"Because of what he did to Risa." She takes a deep breath then continues, "They were okay at first. Risa really liked him but unknown to her Lee was slowly using her to get more money. Risa told me she always had to pay. She had to set the dates and stuff. Along that came the pressure of Lee's mother, she kept telling her she doesn't deserve Lee and such. Like mother like son, right?"

"Then why did you agree?" I ask continuously pushing the swing.

"I thought he might've changed and I was afraid that his mother will make a big deal out of it after all my dad and his mom are friends." She answers. I stop and go in front of her. I level myself with her and so I'm kneeling in front of her.

"I'm really glad you're okay, Yui." I say and pat her head.

I smile and give a sigh of relief because the someone I care about is safe and here with me.