🍭 | Part Twenty Four: KAITO

"Geez, dude, why are you so fidgety?" Yohan asks me. He laughs and Haruto laughs too. So much for being cautious with them.

I glare at them. They continue laughing.

In my hand was a cake and of course, a letter on top of it. I compose myself and signal Haruto to yell.

"Mail for Miss Yui!" He yells and gives me a smug smirk. I glare at him.

The door swings open and before Yui could look at us, I immediately yell,

"Happy Birthday!"

I notice her smile and she's crying?

"Hey, hey, are you okay?" I turn to Haruto and hand him the cake.

I grab her shoulders, "Yui?"

"Thank you," She says and she smiles.

"Well, surprise!" I yell and she playfully slaps my shoulder.

From behind her I hear someone say, "Oh, is that Kaito?"

"Hello, sir!" I greet with a smile.

Yui's father then says, "Now, Yui, let them in. Come inside!"

We make it to the living room and I take the letter from the top of the box of the cake. I tap on Yui's shoulder and hand it to her. When she received it, I saw the bracelet I gave her.

"You wear it everyday?" I ask.

"Yeah, except for cleaning days, but yeah." She smiles.

"You look cute, by the way, with the short hair." I say and geez, why am I blushing?

"Thanks, you're cute too!" She says.

"Oh geez, when will you two get married?" Haruto says and teases.

"Maybe, after four years?" Yohan says and laughs.

"Knock it off." I say to them and laugh.

"Well, we'll leave you both alone for awhile." Yohan winks at me. I roll my eyes at him.

They both laugh and wander out of the house.

"I missed you a lot." Yui says and continues, "I still like you very much"

"I like you too very much."

Geez, I've waited so long to hear her voice and hear her say that. I think I can bravely say that I have fallen in love with the girl who fills my night sky.