🍭 | Part Twenty Three: YUI

I tap my pen on the desk. I'm currently an intern at my father's company just for this summer. Someone enters the office.

The person yells, "Mail for Miss Yui."

"Here, " I say and raise my hand.

The man smiles and hands me a blue envelope. He proceeds to give the other letters.

I study the envelope. It had a stamp. It's from the US. I look at the calligraphy of my name. It's from Kai.

I gently open the envelope and there was a picture of a beach and a letter. I check out the picture and turned it around. It had a message. It said:

"I wish you were here,"

My heart leaps a little. Geez, Gotta take it slow. It's only been a month. I take out the letter and unfold it. It had cursive letters. I smile and start reading.

Dear Yui,

How are you doing? Well, I'm really doing okay. I got close to my classmates. They were really chill. I miss you. A lot.

Mom was really thoughtful because I really learned a lot in just a month. I hope you're taking it slow because I heard you're an intern now. But please, take a rest, okay? I don't want you disappearing on me.

Whenever I miss you, I just read those poems you've written for me. They make my heart flutter every time. The other guys tease me a lot. Geez, I gotta introduce you to my new bestfriend, Haruto. (Please don't tell Yohan that)

Anyway, always take it easy. Remember that I'm your Kai and I like you very much.

Sincerely yours,

Kai.