🍭 | Part Twenty: KAITO

I fix my tie and look at the mirror. I look fine, I guess. Someone barges into the room.

"KAITOOO!" Yohan yells and slings an arm around me.

"Boy, we look handsome!" He says, "So let's go!"

I laugh and we both go out of the house. Afterall, I'm still staying at Yohan's house. I sigh but there's no time to be sad now. Yohan drives the car and we make it to Yui's house.

I jog towards the door and knock. Yui's father greets me.

"Kaito! How have you been?" He asks.

"I'm good, sir! How about you?"

"Fine as well," Yui's father then yells, "Yui! Kaito's here!"

Then the girl full of stardust went down the stairs with her dress flowing behind her. It treads as she walks. She makes it to the bottom and smiles.

"Hi." She says and I immediately blush for some reason.

"Hey!" I say and Yui's father just laughs.

Risa comes out of nowhere, "Take care of her, Kaito."

I hold out my hand and she places her hand above it. We wave goodbye and go to Yohan's car in which he drives us to the ball.

As we are traveling to the ball, I hear Yui's watch beep. I look at her. The beeps start to speed up. The rhythm much faster than I've ever heard from before. Her hand is close to her chest. Suddenly, she faints.

"Yohan! To the hospital please!" I yell and hold her in my arms. Not now, Yui. Please.

I call her dad and with panic he says he'll rush to the hospital as well.

🍭

When we arrive at the hospital, I was immediately alerted that Yui needs her surgery right now. I was left dumbfounded. I didn't know that her heart was in a very severe state. Why didn't she tell me? Why didn't I notice?

Yui's father pats my shoulder, "She didn't want you to worry and besides, Kaito, this was already scheduled it's just that it went early. Yui's strong. Let's pray she'll be all right."

Suddenly my phone rings. Ah geez, what's this all about?

I look at Yui's father for approval. He nods and I take the call.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Is this Kaito?" A female voice says.

"Yes, this is him." I answer

"Okay, this is regarding the will left by your mother."

"W-what will?" I stutter.

"Your mother has left you a will. An inheritance, Mr. Kaito. It's meant to be unveiled when you reach eighteen years of age."

"What? Is this necessary to talk about now?" I look at the doors of the operation room.

"Not really but I will be sending you the will. May I know your current address?"

I tell her my address and she thanks me. Just what the heck is happening?