🍭 | Part Ten: KAITO

"Did you take your medicine?" I ask Yui immediately when I see her walking past the school gate. 

"Yeah, I did." She says and smiles.

I blush. What's wrong with you, Kai?

"I'll take you home later, okay?" I manage to say without stammering.

"Okay." She answers before entering the classroom.

I enter the classroom and my gaze again lands on her. I can't help it. There's that feeling of something indescribable. Like if this person was gone, I'll feel that immensely. Geez, Kai! Focus.

Then I hear whispers like, "Did you prepare your letter yet?"

"No, but I made cakes!"

"Who are you giving it to?"

"Kaito, of course."

"Yeah, me too!"

What's going on?

"Kai, are you going to take a leave tomorrow?" Yohan asks me. I turn to him since his seat is just beside me.

"Why would I?" I ask.

"Did you forget? Or are you really busy staring at Yui?" The teasing guy smirks.

"What? Wait, what's the date for tomorrow?"

"February 14." He says in a sing-song voice. Yuck.

"Oh schist. Should I be absent but no one's going to take Yui to school. Schist. Schist."

"Do you want me to take her?" He offers.

"No. I'll come tomorrow."

Then suddenly, someone entered and everyone screamed. We all know who can make an impact like that other than the son of the school owner. The annoying leader wannabe of our stupid made-up trio group: Lee.

"Lee! Lee! Lee!" Everyone cheers. Oh Schist.

He walks towards Yui with his stupid stride. He then says, "So I heard, you guys aren't arranged anymore?"

Yui is speechless and just stares at him awkwardly. Lee then kneels down, "Will you be my Valentine, tomorrow?"

I stand up immediately. The chair sounds and everyone looks up to me. Avoiding their gazes, I walk up to them.

"Oh, why are you reacting, Kai?" Lee asks and smirks. He stands up and levels with me.

"She's my Valentine." I say with confidence.

"Oh, really. Yui, who do you pick? The guy who hurt you over and over again or the guy who never did once hurt you?"