🍭 | Part Nine: YUI

I wake up and notice Kaito sleeping in the chair beside me. I notice his hair covering his eyes. I reach out to sweep it away. I did it but then he woke up as I was retreating my hand, he grabbed it gently.

"Yui, I'm sorry." Then I noticed he was crying. "I-I thought you were going to leave me. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

He repeats it over and over again. I close my hand and inch my hand towards his face. I wipe his tears carefully.

"I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay, Kai-kun." I smile.

"But I hurt you with those words. I don't deserve you. I had to say them so you'll leave me and won't look back. I didn't want you to get caught up in something like this. I am to be blamed alone." He managed to say through sobs. I remember him being this way when we were kid.

"The words you said were mean but I know you never meant them. Because you wouldn't be here if that was the case. If you truly hated me, you wouldn't cry for me. My dad would immediately ban you from seeing me but he still believes in you. That's why I'm happy now. I'm happy you're okay and we're both okay." I smile and then continue,

"However, you should have told me this was happening. I'm not that little girl anymore. Sure, I may have a weak heart but I'm strong. We are best friends and we are suppose to carry the burden together. Because blaming yourself for all this will consume you. My father told me, he blamed himself a lot for hurting my mother before they got together. Fortunately, my mother was a very understanding woman and gave him a second chance. And just like her, I understand where you are coming from. I forgive you, Kai-kun."

"Thank you, Yui. I really am happy to have met you." He smiles through the tears. My cheeks redden.

Geez, Kaito you really are one of a kind.