Chapter 21

5 years later...
Ayana POV

What is life... These five years have been something else. London is four turning five in a couple of weeks. I graduated from college and became a teacher at my old school. It was hard going to college with a baby, but somehow I made it work. Baby Tay or as I say DD3, he's a professional basketball player. He plays for the Oklahoma Thunders. Every calls him DD3 because of his name... Demontay Dewayln III. Demontay is now engaged with Lashae. They have a 2 year old girl name Lamonica . My parents are still happily married and also my grandparents.

As for me? I try and make a way for me and London. I live in a five bedroom two story house  with 6 bathrooms and a huge living room with a medium size kitchen, and a beautiful backyard where London can play at. I work as a teacher on the weekends but on the week days I work at MY hair salon. Yes I said MY hair salon . It's called Yaya's World, my salon is very known and very busy. Lashae is my Co-Owner. She make sure everything going okay while I work on weekdays. 

-

"London come on mommy is finna be late!" I yelled while fixing his lunch box.

"Here I come mommy" I heard him yell while running. He came into the kitchen with his uniform clothes on, a white polo collar shirt with black pants and his Legendary Jordan Blue's that I recently bought me and him.

"Mommy can we have a mommy and son day again?" He asked while we walk to the car

"Of course baby." I said as I buckle him in his booster seat.

I quickly locked up the house and got into the car and start my ignition.

"I want to go to Amazing Jakes!" He exclaimed

I chuckled and shook my head.

"Okay son."

"Mommy I love you very much, you're the best mommy ever!" He yelled making me laugh

"I love you too, you're the best son ever " I said

We arrived at his school, I helped him out the car and his teacher smiled and grabbed his hand.

"Have a good day Ms.Jerry" Mrs.Morris said

"You too " I smiled

I got back into my car and drove to my job. Winter Ridge High School

I arrived there ten minutes later. I got put the car and grabbed my purse and my small roller bag that contain my things I need for called . I walked into the school and clocked in. After I clocked in I walked to my classroom where there was a few students waiting on me. I opened my door and turned the light on. I got everything situated while people was coming into the class.

The bell rung , the students quickly got in class and sat down. Then stroll in the "thugs" a few minutes late.

"Y'all need to start coming on time" I said to them

"Man shutup" the leader said

"Look negro I ain't them other teachers up here . I'm the realest up here. Y'all just come to school think y'all hard? Tsk, nigga please. Y'all think y'all some thugs? Tsk! Okay! I seen thugs, I seen thugs kill people before my eyes. I'm related to a thug family. You don't wanna be a thug, that's what you don't want to do. Become something and stop acting like a smart ass. I bet you can't even read on 12th grade level without stumbling over words. Grow the fuck up, get a education. " I yelled

"Man you don't know no thugs. Shut that shit up" he said

I laughed bitterly.

I pulled out my phone.