Chapter 2

Newt's P.O.V.

After we had been in the helicopter for a good few minutes, I notice y/n's head drop harshly. I immediately reached forward and caught her head before it hit the floor. This earned a few glances from everybody.

"What's wrong with her?" One of the guys asked as he pulled off his helmet-mask-thing. I just pulled her limp body to me and set her in my lap. Teresa reached over and stroked Y/n's hair before leaning back against the wall and resting her eyes.

"She got shot," Thomas said. His voice cracked on the last word. Everybody knew that Tommy felt horrible about it. He feels like it's his fault, and everybody can see it.

   "It's not your fault, Tommy."

   He just looked at me and nodded a little bit before looking down at his hands. Teresa looked over at him and crawled to where he sat. She looked up at him with apologetic eyes and rubbed his shoulder comfortingly.

   "She's gonna need medical attention," the man said as he looked at her.

"When will we be there?" Minho asked.

"Soon. You kids should rest your eyes for a minute."

I nodded and looked down at Y/n.

Her shirt was soaked with blood. It went all down her sleeve and was all over her hands. I looked and noticed just how much blood had gotten on me in the past half hour. My shirt had blood all over it, too. I looked at the blood on my hands and arms. I didn't mind it, really.

I just hoped she would be okay.

It was only her shoulder, that should cause any fatal problems... right?

I sighed and pulled her head to my chest.

I shifted her so she could be as comfortable as possible.

"She'll be okay, son," the man said from the front of the helicopter. I nodded and rested my cheek on her head.

I then closed my eyes and just let my mind wander.

What's gonna happen now? Are we finally safe?

After a while of allowing my mind to think, I heard the guy start waking people up. He told us to run as soon as we landed, and he said not to look back. He said we would just have to run as fast as possible and get to the building, which he pointed out to us.

I saw everyone nod and start mentally preparing themselves.

I then realized, with my limp, I'm not going to be able to get y/n to safety that fast. Especially since we've already been running for so long.

It was almost like Minho could read my thoughts. He reached out for y/n.

"I'll take her, man. I'm the fastest shank here."

I nodded and gently handed her to Minho.

   He promised to be extra careful with her as the helicopter landed on the sand. I shook Tommy awake and we all ran to the building. I was obviously more towards the back, with my limp slowing me down a bit.

When we reached the building, we all ran inside and immediately felt how much cooler it was in there. It was a drastic change from the heat outside. A man came walking up to us and smiled. He greeted us and began talking. I was only half paying attention. I kept my eyes on y/n most of the time.

The man looked down and noticed her in Minho's arms. He immediately asked what happened and began to step towards Minho. I stepped towards Minho as the man grabbed her arm.
I was about to jump at him, but Minho pulled y/n away from his grasp.

"She not going with anyone unless we go with her," he said sassily. He turned and passed her to me. I cradled her in my arms and stepped away from the strange man. He started asking what had happened again, I told him how she had been shot and how she had passed out in the helicopter.