Chapter 10

I scoffed.

The men both walked out, leaving us hanging alone. After a few minutes of silence, we decided on a plan. Since I was the closest to the lever, Thomas would push me to Minho, and Minho would push me towards the bar on the side of the hole.

   Once I get there, I can pull the lever so that I can sit on the ground and get the rope off. Then I help the others.

   "Okay, one... two... three!" Thomas said as he shoved me forward. Minho grabbed for me and missed, so I was sent swinging back to Thomas. Thomas grabbed onto my waist again. "Come on, Minho. One... two... three!" 

Everyone watched hopefully as he shoved me forward once again, a little harder this time. Minho successfully caught me by my waist this time. 

"Alrighty, Y/n. Ready?" He asked. 

"Sure, sure," I said quickly.

 He nodded and shoved me forward, towards the bar. I reached out as far as I could, just barely brushing the bar with the tips of my fingers. I huffed in frustration.

   I swung halfway back to Minho and Thomas reached out for me. I reached out and grabbed his arm. He pulled me towards him and grabbed my waist. 

"One more time. One... two... three!" He shoved me to Minho again. Minho just barely caught my waist, I grabbed onto his arm to make sure I didn't swing away while he got a better grip.

   "Last time. We got this..." he muttered. "One... two... three!" 

He shoved me forward to the bar. I successfully grabbed onto the bar and pulled myself more towards it. I reached forward and grabbed the lever.

I pulled it and the rope immediately released more, sending the gladers falling more. A few yelled out in surprise. I pushed it back so they weren't falling anymore and pulled myself up and onto the dirt covered floor. I managed to untie the rope from my ankle. 

"Hurry, Y/n!" Minho yelled impatiently. 

"I'll leave you here, shank!" I threatened as I ran over and pulled Thomas to the ground.

   I helped untie Thomas and moved on to Chuck while he ran over to Teresa. I was untying Chuck when a noise sounded over the building. I recognized it immediately. It was a berg.

   I looked over at Thomas, who was helping Minho. Then a voice thundered through the building. 

"We have you surrounded. You have something that belongs to Wicked, and we demand that you return it before we force you to turn them over," Janson's voice called out as I ran over to Newt.

   "About time, love. I was starting to think you had forgotten about me," Newt teased as I pulled him towards me. I rolled my eyes and smiled as I helped him untie the rope around his ankles. Once we were all on solid ground, we ran towards the door . . .

    . . . Only to be met by that same guy that interrupted our "conversation" with Jorge earlier. He held a gun, and aimed it at us. He grabbed a radio off of his belt and held it up to his face. 

"I've got em, Janson. I'll bring em out," he said into it. I pushed Chuck behind me, using my body to shield him.

   Newt stepped in front of me, doing the same to me that I had done to Chuck. The man smiled and pointed the gun directly at Thomas. I squeezed my eyes shut as a gunshot sounded through the room. I looked up to see the man fall to his knees, then face plant on the cement. Thomas, Minho, and Newt all immediately began looking themselves over, worried.