Velma x reader (Guy's side) Chapter 3: Investigating Wickles' Manor

(Y/N)'s POV:

"Come on, Scoob!" Shaggy exclaims, as me and the others walk up the steps to the front door.

"Huh. Looks like a bit of a fixer-upper," Velma comments about the place.

"Hey!"  we hear someone say, making us turn around to a couple of kids  riding  their bicycles. "Nice job last night," one boy says, with a  thumbs-up,  then flips it to a thumbs-down. "Losers!"

(In my opinion those two were being a bunch of rude brats)

"Quick, we need to think of a comeback," Daphne says. "Hey! Shut up!"

"That's a good one," Shaggy says.

Not  the best comeback, in my opinion, but at least it made those two  boys  go away. So, that's something to be grateful for. After that, I  cannot  help but let out a sigh, not happy with people reminding us of  our  mishap from last night. Dean then rings the doorbell.

"You are trespassing on Wickles' Manor. Leave now or pay the price."

"What kind of jerk makes that his doorbell?" Daphne asks.

"Got me," I say, shrugging my shoulders.

Dean grabs the doorbell, to try again.

"Dude. He just said we'd pay the price," Shaggy says.

"Shaggy, Shaggy, Shaggy," Dean says, shaking his head at him. "What could possibly happen by ringing a doorbell?"

When  Dean pulls the doorbell, the floor underneath our feet reveals a   hidden trapdoor. One by one, we all fall, screaming, until we end up in   a cage. The cage then goes down a train-track (I think that's what it   is), almost making it feel like riding a roller-coaster. I'm not sure   how long it was, but by the time the cage came to a complete stop, I   become relieved, knowing that it's over. However, because the ride had   stopped, we all end up in a dog-pile.

"That's what can happen by ringing a doorbell, Dean. That!" Shaggy exclaims.

"At 7 p.m., the owner will be home to set you free."

At this, we all let out a groan, not happy with our situation.

"Hey!" we hear someone say, making us look up to see a girl scout in a cage. "You want to buy a box of cookies."

"Excuse me. Have you heard the Good News?" a man asks, him and his co-worker in another cage.

"Reah. There's cookies!" Scooby exclaims.

Velma tries to get up from the dog pile, but almost steps on Fred.

"Hey, hey! Watch the junk!" Fred exclaims.

"Sorry," Velma says, trying to get up. "Oh, brother. The lock's on a laser thumbprint scanner."

"Oh. Let me just get my makeup," Daphne says.

"Really, Daphne? Now of all times?" I ask.

"You  know what, (Y/N)? It's never too late to learn to properly apply   makeup," Daphne says,, getting up, and moving to the laser thumbprint   scanner. "Okay, the last good thumbprint should still be there, so...a   little blush...a pore strip...and voila."

I gotta hand it to  Daphne sometimes. Because before we knew it, the cage opened, setting us  free.

"All right, Daph!" Shaggy exclaims with a smile.

"I enjoy being a girl," Daphne says, proud of herself.

Later,  after Daphne does the same trick to free the others from their  own  cages, we all head into the main hall. The business men and girl  scout  leave, while the rest of us stay here, to continue our  investigation.