Fred x reader (Girl's side) Chapter 4: Let's Solve A Mystery

(Y/N)'s POV:

After what happened at Wickles' manor, we all don't waste any time on heading back to headquarters. With the day we've had, there's a lot of investigating to do.

"I'm going to compare the glow of those footprints to the pterodactyl scale," Velma says.

"We'll check out Wickles' book," Fred says.

"And (F/A/N) and I'll see if there's anything in my dad's journal that can help us," I say, not wasting any time on examining the contents in my dad's journal.

(3rd) POV:

"Dude, The Faux Ghost is an awesome clue," Shaggy says.

"Reah," says Scooby.

"But what do we do with it?" Shaggy asks.

"Let's rolve the mystery," Scooby suggests.

"If we solve the mystery by ourselves, it would certainly prove to the gang that we belong," Shaggy says.

"Well then, let's head to the Faux Ghost, find old man Wickles, and see what he knows," Dean says, placing a hand on Scooby and Shaggy's shoulders, letting them know that he and his brother heard the whole thing.

"Someone might as well come along to make sure to keep an eye on you two, in case things go wrong," Sam says.

"Like, great. But first, let's give the gang the old 'slipperooney'," Shaggy says.

Shaggy then heads to the fridge and grabs a can of whipped cream. After shaking the can a little, he puts a lot of whipped cream inside of Scooby's mouth.

"Hey, guys," Dean says, catching everyone's attention. "Scooby is feeling kind of..."

Seeing that Scooby isn't coming, Shaggy grabs him, to show that Scooby's mouth is completely covered in whipped cream. "Like he's got rabies," Shaggy says. Scooby then acts as if he's moaning in agony. "We're just gonna go outside to get some fresh air."

"And Dean and I will go with them, just in case they need help," Sam says.

(Y/N)'s POV:

Once Shaggy, Scooby, Sam and Dean head outside, Fred, Daphne, (F/A/N) and I all share a look, wondering what had gotten into them. But we soon shrug our shoulders figuring they're just being silly, mostly Shaggy and Scooby, as usual. After a moment or two, Velma comes out of the lab, looking happy. My guess is that she must've discovered something.

"What's up, Velms?" Fred asks.

"The analysis of the pterodactyl scale," Velma says, carefully grabbing Wickles' book from Fred. "It contains randamonium, which this book says is the critical ingredient needed to make monsters."

"Doesn't randamonium glow?" (F/A/N) asks.

"Like those footprints in Wickles' mansion," I say, recalling that clue we found.

"If we can prove Wickles is behind this, this mystery goes down like a dot-com, and Coolsville digs us again," Fred points out.

"Where would he get randamonium?" Daphne asks.

"Randamonium is the byproduct of certain silver mines," Velma says.

"Like the abandoned mining town in old Coolsville," Fred says in realization.