Fred x reader (Girl's side) Chapter 6: Cluetopia

(Y/N)'s POV:

Eventually, we finally made it to the mines.

"So, what's your assessment, Velmster?" Fred asks as he parks the van.

"This place seems harmless enough," Velma says, looking sad.

I'm not sure what happened between her and Patrick, but judging by her expression, it probably didn't end well. Even I'm still depressed with what Heather Jasper-Howe said to me.

"I mean, whether the Evil Masked Figure could've gotten his randamonium from here at the mine?" Fred clarifies as we get out of the van.

"Oh, sorry. I was just thinking about Patrick. He seemed so upset when he left," Velma says.

"Right. So..." Fred starts to say.

"And...he doesn't like me," she says, looking really sad.

"Okay. So your assessment is?" Fred asks, obviously not understanding her situation.

"Love stinks," says Velma.

"Fred?" Daphne asks, gaining my boyfriend's attention. "Do you think I'm just a pretty face?"

After that talk I had with Heather Jasper-Howe, Daphne decided to give that woman a piece of her mind. But instead, Heather Jasper-Howe said something hurtful to Daphne, just like she did to me. It feels like this mystery's got everyone depressed...Well, almost everyone.

"No. I mean, yes," Fred says, not sure what to say. Daphne gives him a shocked and hurt look. "I mean, not fat! Definitely not fat. Is this sort of what you're looking for?"

"Fat? Why would you even use that word?" Daphne asks.

(F/A/N), Velma and I all share a look, not wanting to get involved, especially when my boyfriend just dug his own grave.

"Remind me again why you're dating him?" (F/A/N) asks me in a hush whisper.

"I don't know, (F/A/N). I really don't know," I say.

It amazes me that we got back together, and are still dating, when he still doesn't know the right to say to a girl.

"Never again will they underestimate us. That's right," we hear a faint voice say. We all look and notice Wickles talking to some men in one of the buildings. "I've gathered you here today for something big. At last. All these years of careful planning have culminated in this one glorious moment."

When then enter that same building, Fred speaks up. "Aha! Old Man Wickles, caught red-handed in your foul monster-making scheme. With your ugly, evil henchmen," my boyfriend says.

"Henchmen?" one of the men asks. "Young man, we're investors, and we're listening to his pitch. Shh."

Say what now?

"So as I was saying...the Old Tyme Mining Town, a summer camp for kids where they can have an authentic mining experience. They can dig for 18 hours straight, just like in the golden days of yore. They have the time of their lives, and we get free miners!" Wickle's exclaims, laughing at the end.

"Mr. Wickles, we need to ask you a few questions about your ties to recent monster attacks," Velma says, deciding to speak.

"I don't know nothing about no monsters," Wickles says.

"Then how come there was randamonium on the floor of your mansion?" (F/A/N) asks.

"There's--There's randamonium all over the place. Look it! I come home with it in my shorts," Wickles points out.