Velma x reader (Guy's side) Chapter 7: Costumes to Monsters

(3rd) POV:

While the others head to where that strange light is, Shaggy and Scooby stay behind.

"Psst. Scooby-Doo. We're the ones that found this place. Score one for the big guys!" Shaggy cheers, followed by Scooby. "Now we need to keep acting like mondo-groovy detectives. Come on."

"Rokay," Scooby says.

While looking around, Shaggy accidentally trips on something and then unknowingly steps on a switch, which reveals some kind of device.

"Like, wowee," Shaggy says. He presses a button, which makes beeping noises, as well as creates some kind of music. Scooby joins in and the two goofballs smile. "Cool! Like, 'tuneage'."

Enjoying themselves, Shaggy and Scooby break into a rap song and keep pressing more buttons. What they fail to realize is that it was actually a device to turn the costumes into real monsters. It isn't until they hear a creepy evil laugh from Space Kook and a moan from one of the monsters that they finally stop what they're doing.

"Like, what's that weird sound?" Shaggy asks.

When they turn around, they become horrified by what they see.

"Captain Cutler!" Scooby exclaims.

"Miner 49er!" Shaggy exclaims.

"Space Kook!"

"The Tar Monster! We  have

"The Tar Monster! We have...to remain...calm," Shaggy says, trying his best not to freak out. But then Scooby screams. "Calm, Scooby-Doo! You're not being calm!" Scooby then smacks Shaggy in the face to make Shaggy calm down from yelling. "I needed that," Scooby smacks Shaggy again. "I needed that, too," then Scooby punches Shaggy in the face. "You're pushing your luck, Scoob!"

The monsters slowly walk towards the two goofballs.

(Y/N)'s POV:

Seeing as how we didn't find anything, Daphne, Velma, (F/A/N) and I split up with Fred, Sam and Dean to cover more ground. We also noticed that Shaggy and Scooby weren't with us, so we had to backtrack a little to go find them. However, what we find is not what we were expecting.

"You girls find anything?" Fred asks, then becomes just as shocked as the rest of us.

The costumes! They've become real monsters!

"He did it," Scooby says, pointing a finger at Shaggy.

"Scoob," Shaggy says, then screams.

"Sam, Dean, one of you disconnect that control panel! Maybe it'll stop the machine!" Velma exclaims.

The Winchesters don't need to be told twice as they make the move to do what Velma told them. Dean grabs the control panel, then tosses it to his brother to avoid getting hit from Miner 49er's fire breath. Then, when Captain Cutler aims his harpoon gun, Sam barely avoids getting hit. As for the rest of us, we all head for the exit, while also being careful to avoid the monsters.