Shaggy x reader (Girl's side) Chapter 9: Mystery Inc. vs Monsters

(Y/N)'s POV:

We all run for their lives, trying to get to the Monster Hive. Along the way, we hear a familiar creepy laugh, making us stop in our tracks. Past a corner, we see Space Kook and Captain Cutler, who was somehow able to make it all the way back to the mines.

"We can't all go together," Sam says.

"Velma, (Y/N), (F/A/N), Shaggy, Scooby, you guys go on ahead. We'll take care of these two," Dean says, gesturing to himself and his brother. "Whatever happens, you've gotta get that control panel to the Hive."

"Like, we're on it," says Shaggy.

Velma, Shaggy, Scooby, (F/A/N) and I don't waste any time on doing what we're told, trusting our friends. However, not long after splitting up, the five of us encounter another problem.

"The Skeleton Men," Velma says, scared.

From a distance, we notice the shadows of the Skeleton Men, who seem to be rearranging themselves after being broken up into pieces, in one of the buildings. Then Scooby farts all of a sudden.

"He does that when he gets nervous," Shaggy says.

"Scoob," (F/A/N) says, not looking pleased.

"Rorry," Scooby says.

Glad that we're all in front of Scooby instead of behind him.

As slowly as possible, the five of us take several steps back and then makes sure to hide ourselves.

"Here, Shaggy, take this," Velma says, handing the control panel over to Shaggy.

"Why are you giving this to me?" Shaggy asks.

"I'll distract those skeletal screwballs," Velma says. "You, (Y/N), (F/A/N) and Scooby get this to the Monster Hive."

"Us?" Shaggy asks.

"Yes. You're faster than me. Once there, just plug it into the base. Push this button," says Velma. "I fixed it so it will destroy all the monsters."

"But...But...we can't," says Shaggy.

"Re're rewups," Scooby says.

"I mean, we tried to be heroes like you guys, but we're not, okay? We're just not," Shaggy says.

"No," says Scooby.

Hearing this, I can't help but be shocked. I mean, is that what's been bothering them lately? As I think about it, it does make sense why they've been acting weirder than usual.

"Like me?" Velma asks, shocked, making sure that she heard right. "That's funny. I always wanted to be like you guys. You guys are so free. You're never afraid to be who you really are," her words catch Shaggy and Scooby by surprise. "Whether you're fearful of joyful or hungry."

"Same here. To me, Shaggy, you've always been my hero," I say with a smile, remembering how he saved my life back on Spooky Island.

"Really?" Shaggy asks.

"We've known each other ever since we kids. I love you, Shaggy. And I wouldn't change anything about you guys. I think you've been heroes all along. You just haven't known it," I say.

Velma then takes a deep breath. "Here I go."

Velma then takes off to face the Skeleton Men, leaving the rest us. As for Shaggy and Scooby, they are both happy to have heard Velma and me say those words.