Velma x reader (Guy's side) Chapter 8: New Hope/Monster Chase

(Y/N)'s POV:

After entering our old clubhouse, Velma turns on the lights. "Still works," then she lifts up a secret door from the floor. "Oh, look, all my old tools."

"After all our so-called success...we're back in this old firetrap," Fred says.

"...Hey, is that you guys?" Dean asks, pointing to an old photo.

I nod my head. "Yeah," I say, feeling nostalgic.

Back when the others and I were starting out as Mystery Inc., we took that picture near the beach at Daphne's uncle's country club to commemorate the moment. The seven of us: Fred, Velma, Daphne, Shaggy, Scooby, (F/A/N) and I were having the time of our lives back then. That day, we decided to have fun near the beach, throwing a frisbee at each other. When Shaggy threw it to Scooby, Scoob accidentally hit his head against a tree, trying to catch the frisbee. I smile sadly at the memory, wishing we could go back to those times.

"It all seemed so easy back then," Fred says.

"Yeah," Daphne says, nodding her head in agreement. "We solved mysteries for the love of them, not to prove anything to anyone."

I rub Daphne's shoulders, hoping to cheer her up.

(F/A/N) nods his/her head. "Yeah. Those sure were the good old days," he/she says with a sigh.

"Yeah. And the mysteries all seemed to unravel themselves. Sometimes, the answers would just appear like magic," Velma says. She then gets nostalgic by seeing one of her old inventions. "Hey. My first multiple-resonance imaging device. Made out of a crystal radio and old video games."

I slowly open my dad's journal, flipping through the pages. A lot of these pages were written by my dad, explaining how he solved each case he had taken part in. Looking at it makes me feel nostalgic, remembering how my parents would always make the mysteries they solved sound heroic whenever they told them to me. I stop at one page in particular, seeing the old photo that was taken of me and my parents, back when I was very little.

For as long as I can remember, I've always wanted to be an amazing detective, just like my parents. But after today, I feel as though I've disappointed them. That's when I notice something.

As careful as I can, I remove the tape that's keeping the photo in the journal, then remove the photo, making something else fall out of the journal. I make the move to pick it up, and notice that it's another photo, but it's ripped. The ripped photo shows a younger version of my dad. Not only that, but both photos have something written on the back.

"What's this?" I ask, wondering what the writing says.

"What do you got there, (Y/N)?" Sam asks.

"I don't know. There's some weird writing on the back of these photos, but I can't read it," I say, then hand them over to Velma.

Velma takes the photos and examines the writing. Whatever she read, she becomes shocked.

"Wait a minute. This seems like instructions...Instructions on how to rewire the control panel!" Velma exclaims, making us shocked.

"Whoa, whoa, back up! Are you saying that (Y/N)'s old man might've been on a similar case that had something to do with the monsters and that control panel?" Dean asks.

"I don't know. But it says that randamonium has an algorithmic cross-currency of negative 4. 121. With it, maybe...Well, just maybe--" Velma tries to say.