Chapter 14

It's been a couple weeks since Harry's name had been drawn out of the Goblet of Fire. Harry is more distant now. However I can't blame him, his life is on the line, his best friend doesn't believe him and on top of that his scar is hurting. He made me promise I wouldn't tell my dad about his scar and about him having to participate in the tournament, and as much as I want to tell my dad, harry is  right. My dad would only worry and he has to keep a low profile right now.

When Harry, Hermione and I arrived at Snape's dungeon for potions class, we found the Slytherins waiting outside, each and every one of them wearing a large badge on the front of his or her robes. For one wild moment I thought they were S.P.E.W. badges — then i saw that they all bore the same message, in luminous red letters that burnt brightly in the dimly lit underground passage: "Like them, Potter?" said Draco loudly as we approached. "And this isn't all they do — look!" He pressed his badge into his chest, and the message upon it vanished, to be replaced by another, which glowed green: The slytherins howled with laughter. Each of them pressed their badges too, until the message POTTER STINKS was shining brightly all around Harry. I felt myself getting red in anger. "oh very funny" Hermione said sarcastically to Pansy Parkinson and her gang of Slytherin girls, who were laughing harder than anyone else. "Really witty." Ron was standing against the wall with Dean and Seamus. He wasn't laughing, but he wasn't sticking up for Harry either. "Want one, Granger?" said Draco, holding out a badge to Hermione. "I've got loads. But don't touch my hand, now. I've just washed it, you see; don't want a Mudblood sliming it up." I gasped at what he said and he looked at me and immediately looked at if he regretted it. My hand was on my wand but that wasn't what everyone saw, instead it they were all looking at harry who had his wand drawn out pointed at Draco.
People all around us scrambled out of the way, backing down the corridor. "Harry!" Hermione said warningly. "Go on, then, Potter," Draco said quietly, drawing out his own wand. "Moody's not here to look after you now — do it, if you've got the guts —" For a split second, they looked into each other's eyes, then, at exactly the same time, both acted. "Furnunculus!" Harry yelled. "Densaugeo!" screamed Draco.
Jets of light shot from both wands, hit each other in midair, and ricocheted off at angles — Harry's hit Goyle in the face, and Draco's hit Hermione. Goyle bellowed and put his hands to his nose, where great ugly boils were springing up — Hermione, whimpering in panic, was clutching her mouth.
"Hermione!" Ron and I ran towards to see what was wrong with her; Harry turned and saw Ron dragging Hermione's hand away from her face. It wasn't a pretty sight. Hermione's front teeth — already larger than average — were now growing at an alarming rate; she was looking more and more like a beaver as her teeth elongated, past her bottom lip, toward her chin — panic-stricken, she felt them and let out a terrified cry. "And what is all this noise about?" said a soft, deadly voice. Snape had arrived. The Slytherins clamored to give their explanations; Snape pointed a long yellow finger at Draco and said, "Explain."
"Potter attacked me, sir —"
"We attacked each other at the same time!" Harry shouted.
"— and he hit Goyle — look —" Snape examined Goyle, whose face now resembled something that would have been at home in a book on poisonous fungi. "Hospital wing, Goyle," Snape said calmly. "Malfoy got Hermione!" Ron said. "Look!" He forced Hermione to show Snape her teeth — she was doing her best to hide them with her hands, though this was difficult as they had now grown down past her collar. Pansy Parkinson and the other Slytherin girls were doubled up with silent giggles, pointing at Hermione from behind Snape's back. I glared at them which made them stop. Snape looked coldly at Hermione, then said, "I see no difference." Hermione let out a whimper; her eyes filled with tears, she turned on her heel and ran, ran all the way up the corridor and out of sight. I ran after her but could hear Harry and Ron yelling at Snape but i couldn't make out what exactly.
I finally caught up to Hermione who was on her way to the Hospital Wing
"Don't listen to him, Monie he's just a mean person we all know that" Hermione only cried even more.
Madam Pomfrey told me to go back to class once I told her what had happened to Hermione. "I'll see you later, okay?" she only gave me a faint smile in response.

"Madam Pomfrey says that Hermione will be fine by the end of the day, Proffesor" I said as I entered Snape's class. I knew he didn't care, but at least I knew I was interrupting his class. My eyes scanned the room as I sat next to Ron, Harry wasn't here.
"He's off being interviewed" Ron whispered
"Interviewed?" I whispered back
"For the Daily Prophet, Creevy came to get him" Ron said rolling his eyes.
"You can't still be mad at him, You know he didn't put his name in the Goblet, You know I didn't put my name in the Goblet" I said shocked that he was still mad.
"Oh I know YOU didn't put your name in the Goblet, Harry must've done it"
"What are you going on about, Ron?!"
But just then Snape came around hitting me and Ron's head w his book.

"Are you going down to the dining hall to eat?" Ron asked me as we left class. "Yeah I'll meet you down there, I have to do something first" I said walking back down to the dungeons.
I hated being down here, it was cold and dark, but I knew Draco would be down here, he always goes down to the slytherin common room to put his bag in his room before dinner.
"We should make flags that say 'Potter stinks' for the first tournament" I heard Crabbe say to Draco.
"That's a little unoriginal don't you think?" I said coming out of the shadows making Crabbe scream.
"Ana? what are you doing here?" Draco asked. I looked at Crabbe to see him still standing there "You can leave us" Draco said to Crabbe who immediately ran.

"You haven't talked to me in weeks, and you just called my best friend a mudblood, I told you to leave Hermione alone, and these badges" i said grabbing the one pinned to his robe "You know Harry and I didn't put our names in there"
"I know you didn't put your name in the Goblet, you're not that bloody stupid, But Potter" he sneered, cringing when saying Harry's name almost as if he was about to be sick "everyone knows that he put his name and yours in the Goblet, He is so desperate for attention he's willing to risk your life for it and as for your friend Granger, she's been meddling around with her stupid SPEW the elf's are starting to think they have rights"
"I have no idea where you got that from. Harry has never put my life in danger, may I remind you that he saved my life more than once now. So this narrative that Harry somehow bypassed all the spells on the Goblet placed by Dumbledore just so he can have some fame even though he is already the boy who lived is stupid and you know it!" I was angry, fuming and Draco knew that so he stayed quiet. I turned to leave but turned towards him once more "And I as member of the Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare will make sure that the elves get their rights, so enjoy having to do things on your own now because now my personal goal is making sure that the Malfoy Manor has no elves to rely on."

"Sirius wants to talk to us in person he said"
"What? How?"
"I don't know he only told me to make sure the common room was empty besides us on the 22nd at midnight"
"What do you reckon he needs to talk to us about?"
"I might have told him about my scar hurting, but then I took it back and he knows about the competition and about my name in the Goblet"
"I didn't know you told him"
"I know I'm sorry I've just been worried and there's a lot on my mind right now"
"No I know, this is scary. I just wish we knew what the first first task was going to be, at least so we could prepare for it" i said rubbing Harry's arm trying to offer some comfort, but i knew it wasn't enough.
"You know how Hermione is always complaining about Viktor being in the library? I think she likes him"
Harry chuckled "You think so?"
"C'mon we have to finish these notes, do you think Snape is actually going to poison someone just to see if we know the antidotes?"
"Snape? Poisoning a student? No doubt about it, and with my luck it's definitely going to be me" he said grinning at me.